Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many cats is too many cats?

How many is too many? 1,2,3 or more than 4.

• 1 - fair doos, they look after themselves and everyone needs a bit of company

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • 2 - maybe Tiddles needs a friend?

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • 3 - MMmmmmm, the house is starting to smell now.

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • 4 or more - Right, call social services.

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[yt]LTunhRVyREU&feature=related[/yt]

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I had an acquaintance in New Jersey who had ten cats and two dogs. She had to have shots twice a week as she was allergic to them.

Yes she was mad as the proverbial hatter.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Got 2 kittens, wouldn't want any more.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
One, I can not understand people who let their lives get dictated by pets.

I have 2 and another one that has decided to move in but I can hardly say they 'dictate my life'. ???

In answer to the question, however many as you want I guess, but that's a boring answer.
I've never come across a homed cat that smells in the slightest, so that isn't a problem. Unlike with dogs, when one can stink the house out.

Two is a nice number especially if they are siblings, so they'll get along more.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cats are the dogs. Cherry hogs are just shitting machines on four legs - death to cherry hogs! (unless they're pugs of course, which are quite cute)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
A timely thread...

Being allergic I'd have to go with Nil.

That said, the rest of the family is in raptures today because a small tabby kitten wearing a pink diamond studded collar has arrived in our garden and shows no intention of going away. Amazingly this luxury collar which appears to contain a remote control for a swanky cat flap has absolutely no ownership details on it - I suspect the owners are not the most practical of folk!

The wife and kids are now worrying about what to do with the thing overnight. My vote goes for just leaving it in the garden and letting it decide whether to wander off home or stick around. Too much affection and we could end up adopting the thing - or more accurately having it adopt us.

if they have spent that much money on the poor mite no doubt it has been microchipped visit to a vet will tell you who it belongs to.

it won't cost you either

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
if they have spent that much money on the poor mite no doubt it has been microchipped visit to a vet will tell you who it belongs to.

it won't cost you either

problem solved - the owners from the other end of the village got word of us having a spare kitten and have arrived to claim it. Kids in tears now over loss of it and I'm now in danger of me and my allergies being given my marching orders in favour of a family cat.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
We've got three, which i reckon is borderline. They're no trouble to keep, all house trained and we have a biggish house so they can get out of the way. A lot of the time you hardly notice them, unlike dogs who are under you feet all the time and let's face it , really stink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here