Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Albion fans today?

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
Before people start moaning about them having to sit in the allocated seats this was done because the club gave an estimate of how many fans would travel up and pay on the gate which conflicted with police intel that suggested a possible 2,000+ turning up including the pre-sales.

I am guessing you are jesting with your comments, if not, I am guessing you have just made this up!!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd say that's a pretty impressive number for a long trip in these hard times.

As for Hillsborough, I'm sure it could cope if we had taken twice as many. They are a big club and used to dealing with much bigger crowds.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
1200 and a man with a towell

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I am guessing you are jesting with your comments, if not, I am guessing you have just made this up!!

A steward told me at around 2 o'clock, "We are putting bums on seats because we have been told to expect around 2000 from Brighton".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't find a figure anywhere, looked between 1600 and 1700.

Anyone know how many we took?

Looked between 1525 and 1537:thumbsup:

Looked 1500 to me

nowhere near 1500.

more like 800

Around 750.

There was no way that section was near to selling out. There were loads of empty seats.

OK you guys, try to remember what a 1037 crowd looks like for the next time you endevour to tell us how many 'away' there were.

Argus says approx 800

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: to anything the Argus says

The Albion attendance was 1037

Not at all bad, considering the distance, to cost etc, I was disappointed to miss it, but got a house move coming up, many things to sort out.
:albion2::albion1::albion2: :albion1:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Why are people still guessing? The official attendance has been announced!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was standing at the back in Row P and the steward behind me remarked to the supervisor the estimate from the club was wrong and they would have to go by the police estimate which meant fans having to sit in their allocated seat rather than sitting where they liked. Looking at the highlights although there was an end block empty along with 3 or 4 rows at the front the official figure looks a little low to me as I would have put it around 1150.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here