Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long would you give Gus hypothetically?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What's the betting this thread will get commented on or reported elsewhere as: "Some seagulls fans are already questioning how much longer Poyet has left, Brighton fans really need a reality check" when it is just ONE person who's raised it.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
How far would we have to slide until you'd want him out? If we still had not won by the end of December someone would surely have to ask the question?

I think you have come in for some unfair stick. You were only asking a question, seems like you are not allowed to do that.

My answer would be either the season we are hovering above relegation in league one...I just can't face going back to league two again. Or hopefully the tenth season running we miss out on a champions league spot..... cause I just can't face another season in the Europa League.:)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think you have come in for some unfair stick. You were only asking a question, seems like you are not allowed to do that.

My answer would be either the season we are hovering above relegation in league one...I just can't face going back to league two again. Or hopefully the tenth season running we miss out on a champions league spot..... cause I just can't face another season in the Europa League.:)
Of course he can ask a question, why do you say he can't? But if it's a f***ing stupid question then you can't blame people for forcefully pointing that out.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If you're not fishing, then a reasonable question to ask I guess.
Let's see. Relegation spot in League1 to mid table in Championship in just 2 years. I'd say Gus and the boys are doing just fine, so their abilities shouldn't be in question. It takes time to build a Premier League side - say 5 years? A couple of years consolidation in the Championship is more than acceptable, then Mr Poyets' assault on the Premier League will begin. Trust in Gus

Of course, if you are fishing, then do f*** off :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Palace fans must piss theirselves laughing at the way we turn on ourselves after a few bad results.

What next "Tony Bloom, should he step aside and let a real money man take over?"

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Two years if we were relegated to L1 and then struggling at the bottom of L1... FOREVER if we don't get relegated.

As option 1 won't happen: Option 2.

Its not that stupid a question, this is not a "Gus Out" thread BUT if he is seriously considering sacking the Jesus (Gus) to our God (Tony), then its the akin to sacrificing the person sent to save us!

(Too much?!)

Monsieur Wabee

Apr 30, 2009
Cowfold
Can't believe you even took the time to type this drivel.
Gus is part of the long term plan for the club.
Managers get no time these days, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Sven his dismissal is symptomatic of what's going wrong with modern football. The other thing going wrong with modern football is Carlos Tevez.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Judgeing by the reaction, it would appear Poyet is completely untouchable..and above any form of criticism at this club...To much power in the hands of one man is a very dangerous thing people....This is Blooms project,if he thinks his investment is in trouble then he will act.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It does say hypothetically and to be fair, a lot of the clique getting menstrual talk a lot more sh#te than this . To answer q , I would say relegation this year and floundering around bottom half of league 1 at Christmas and would start to question . If we get dragged into relegation battle this year then I expect alot of newbies will vote with their feet . If this happens then questions bound to be raised by minority

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I like the way everyone jumps on the bandwagon to give the bloke who asked the question stick.I will guarantee if we were in the bottom 3 in March there will be plenty of people on here wanting Poyet out.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Gus will only leave this season if some thieving premiership team comes in and steals him. Would assm that compo would now be immense with the new 5 year contract.

If we retain our champ place then all good, and going to plan.

Viva Gus!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hypothetically...... I'd give Gus as long as he wants.
Realistically...........I'd give Gus as long as he wants.
It's all down to whether your in it for the results NOW or the long term building plan, I know where I sit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here