Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Will the Amex Last?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Can't believe there is even a debate about how long our 7 month old stadium will be our home....

Need to get out more mate.

It will get refurbished every so often, maybe put a pebble-dash finish or some lapstrake boards in stripes to tart it up, council-housey style.

In 25 years we'll put some glass walls with pastel lighting effects on the inside, and project the images of Albion legends as holograms in various areas.

Later on, by cloning teechnology, we will actually field a full team of legends - who will of course just be the entire 1976/77 squad.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
aren't they called "tsunamis" these days?

I know it's wrong on so many levels, but everytime I hear that word I think of this lot

image-12-for-toon-army-championship-party-gallery-75419915.jpg

TOON ARMY

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tidal wave?

aren't they called "tsunamis" these days?

Nah.

Tidal waves are caused by the tide.

Tsunamis are caused by other geological events, usually earthquakes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look at how long houses last, and how much the Amex cost to build. It seems crazy to me if it were to have a life of only 50 years.

Until 2022 when its announced that there is to be a ground share with Palace as Smellhurst Park has fallen down from neglect and dismall attendances and rioting Albion fans burn down the newley named Tesco Stadium (lattery The Old Amex). But seriously I hope 100 years!

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I took my brother round the Amex in January for the Brizzle City game.

He's a 'Project Planner' in the construction industry, and one of his recent jobs was working on the Olympic Stadium.

I asked him how long he reckoned it would be before any part of the stadium would need replacing or having serious work done on it.

The earliest he reckoned anything would need doing was 25 years approx, and that was for the 'cladding' panels around the stadium sides, and the blue roof panels. Not all of them, mind - he just reckoned that those are the sort of 'visible' things that would begin to deteriorate before other aspects of the stadium.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be honest after all the heartache of the Goldstone, Gillingham & Withers I do not care. I have done my fair share of protesting, supporting & worrying over will we wont we.

Let the next couple of generations down the line pick that one up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here