Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long should you bear a grudge?

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
This is not an Elland Road thread....

leave the leeds fan alone, got enough problems as is.
it's not nice realising your club is inferior to uddersfield, rotherham,hull,bradford,both sheffield teams,middlesboro and the pub team from last of the summer wine

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
leave the leeds fan alone, got enough problems as is.
it's not nice realising your club is inferior to uddersfield, rotherham,hull,bradford,both sheffield teams,middlesboro and the pub team from last of the summer wine

none of those teams are on my radar, if you had said farsley celtic or glasshoughton welfare you might get a bite.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
mansfield udm ring your bell?

but i hate scabs more than northern monkeys.

but northern monkey scabs,scum of the earth

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Take the tickets. Enjoy the experience - it is different from Division One - and is different watching teams when you do not carte who wins. I saw Leeds play there when they were a big club, and had a centre forward called Smith. What was amusing was when MU scored and the home crowd settled back in their seats to watch the goals go in and three points - at that point LU equalised. I say forget the grudge - life is too short.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
obviously take the tickets.

I cant even believe you are thinking twice about something that happened in 1983

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's nowt wrong with bearing grudges; I shall hate Baker, LDC and FPC until the day I die.

But I'm with DKM and DtG. Take the tickets. Unlike the evil bastards I mentioned above Man U weren't out to destroy us. Just because of one foul in a match 24 years ago and the fact that, like all clubs, Man U have a few selfish arsehole fans is no reason to pass up what could be a good night's entertainment.

I'd happily go, and unless they were playing Newcastle I'd cheer for them as well. Probably.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There's nowt wrong with bearing grudges; I shall hate Baker, LDC and FPC until the day I die.
but you happily shop in the retail park on Old Shoreham Road....?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont bear a grudge...its where I park my car

( C/o garry Player)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been there twice and thought it was a fantastic place with a great atmosphere generated by the away fans, United won both games 1-0 which wouldn't have normally bothered me....except both games were against the Albion :)

If you have nothing better to do I'd go although it's bit worrying that he is offering them to you for games rather than a game. How often are you thinking of going??

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I got offered tickets to a Man United Champions' League game a few seasons back, in a hospitality box. It was just weird.

Worth going though -- it's not as if it's going to be a depressingly bad game of football, is it? And it's not as if you're paying.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What's that got to do with bearing grudges?
I don't shop there because I bear a grudge against the moneymen who collaborated in the destruction of the Goldstone Ground...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't shop there because I bear a grudge against the moneymen who collaborated in the destruction of the Goldstone Ground...

But surely, its not teh fault of Comet, JJB, DFS, Burger King is it?

Yet they are being punished by people boycotting the place.

At some time, people are going to have to move on. Life is short!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Go and be sociable, and then take him to Withdean and show him how the other half live!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Greig surely

A grudge is a place whoor i poork my cooor

i remember it told at a Golf dinner that my dad took me to back in the early 70's., the after dinner speaker was Garry Player. I suppose it could be attributed to many saffies at the time.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But surely, its not teh fault of Comet, JJB, DFS, Burger King is it? ...
Exactly. For me not shopping at the Goldstone retail park is the same as hating Man U for 1983. Also Burger King, Comet, DFS, etc weren't our enemies in 1997 and they aren't now.

Mind you, I wish a few more people would boycott it, especially on Saturdays. When I go there it's always packed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The oppertunity to go and watch some of the best players in the world, for free, at the biggest club stadium in the country, current champions of the English League system. Am I missing something here? Of course you go. How you behave when you get there depends on you, but don't miss out, especially not for the sake of something that happened 20 odd years ago.

Doesn't mean you have to drop your grudge, never drop a grudge I say, but don't cut off you nose to spite your face. Whiteside probably won't even be playing, probably won't even be there.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Exactly. For me not shopping at the Goldstone retail park is the same as hating Man U for 1983. Also Burger King, Comet, DFS, etc weren't our enemies in 1997 and they aren't now.
I suppose you've forgiven Ron Challis and Henry Hughton as well...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here