Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long should tyres last?

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
as some posts say, c-max are very hard on tyres, esp diesels. 270 is a good price if you've got 17 inch wheels, however if you are on 16s (2055516) that is a bit pricey (i have got some michelins on nsc classified for 40 each - obviously need fitting at approx 15 each somewhere!). being a c-max you will need rear pads at around 40k miles as the off side rear inner pad in particular wears very heavily indeed, and if not seen at service you will end up needing discs as well (approx £140 extra). KF have their reputation for good reason, however as also suggested on here setyres/chessingtons/discount tyres in worthing are about the best independants locally, but for the best deal i think you'd get would be at portslade auto care (i think) - he's a mate of superphil and also a mad brighton fan! unfortunately when you buy a new(ish) car the dealers never tell you that a particular model is prone to excessive tyre wear. if you want some free advice on state of your tyres in future feel free to pm me (i have just left the tyre/fast fit trade after around 15 years to look after my poorly mrs).

Thanks for the advice.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks, as I live in Shoreham and speed was the issue, my wife went to KwikFit......:shrug:

Never EVER use KwikFit for anything to do with your car. I wouldn't trust them to fill up my screenwash bottle let alone tyres and wheel alignment.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
[/COLOR]
just seems a pain chosing the colour before each post

but like most things, if i have the option for a blue and white combination i will take that option. although my mrs refuses point blank to have blue stripes tattood on her :shrug:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I have a 1 year old Alfa GT that I've had since new.

I have 18" tyres on it.

I often drive like a complete twat.

There's still plenty of tread on my tyres.

This leave me to conclude that something is/was wrong with your car. :D

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I know its a bit after the event, however SETYRES who are next to the Fire Station on Old Shoreham Road just before the Apple Shop we have always used and I just replaced all 4 Megane tyres with Micheline's and it cost £245. they have always beeen good for us and would recommend them highly.

I had mine replaced after 44,000 miles!!!

Michelins are excellent for high mileage cars, but are a total waste of money if you don't do high mileage as they tend to rot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here