Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Long Have You Been Currently Married For - ....Or Not?

How long I have currently been married Poll, or Not?

• Currently Single

Votes: 42 19.8%
  • Co-habitating

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Civil Partnership

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Married less than 2 years

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Married less than 4 years

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Married less than 6 years

• Married less than 8 years

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Married less than 10 years

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Married less than 12 years

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Married less than 14 years

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Married less than 16 years

• Married less than 18 years

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Married less than 20 years

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Married less than 22 years

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Married less than 24 years

• Married less than 26 years

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Married less than 28 years

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Married less than 30 years

• More than 30 years

Votes: 23 10.8%

• Total voters

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
13 years in August

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
24 years in 10 days time , known the other half for 31 years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
21 years last month

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I know marriage & happily being married is not 'cool' for some, however, there are some of us who are happily married & continue to be so.

Today is my 21st anniversary & the wife & I will go out for a slap out meal tonight.

Got me thinking.....Are most NSC posters single, newly wed, cohabiting or an old crusty married couple like me?
happy anni

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
17 years in august. Out of interest, who persuaded their missus to tie the knot during the close season as a lot on here seem to be summer weddings:)

We got married at the start of last season.....but on the Friday :). I didn't want my mates to have to choose between me and the Albion....and have no one at the ceremony.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A massive congratulations to those who are more than 30. I hope one day to join you on that list

D

Deleted member 2719

16 years last week, been together for 18.

3rd marriage - got it right this time!

You're not Lord Lloyd Webber by any chance?

11 years this year for us.

Come on all you Bachelor boys make the leap, you may just enjoy it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
29 years and together for 7 prior to that.

Some pretty impressive stats on here, when it seems like nobody stays together. maybe it's the loyalty that comes from supporting a team which, over the years, has had more bad than good times but you live through the bad to appreciaite the good.

Sadly some youngsters appear to give up at the 1st hurdle although it has to be said that there are some mighty big hurdles for youngsters these days.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Not married, but been with my better half for 10 years and living together for 9. No plans to get married.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
been married 25 years, but been together 28 years, i needed a practice run lol

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
this thread has really come at the right time for me...just getting into a really serious relationship with a girl I'm crazy about but have no closure on two previous relationships, really finding things tough at the moment to think about the future...because I'm too busy looking back. This thread has really encouraged me to forget the has beens, the what ifs etc, and just look to the future...I'm in my early 20s and am very much looking forward to marriage one day, just having trouble at my age and a bit scared I'm making the wrong decisions! You only get one first go at a family and I want to get it right...

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
This is my second marriage defo the best very happily married 4yrs in July been together 7yrs and we have a fab little boy.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
this thread has really come at the right time for me...just getting into a really serious relationship with a girl I'm crazy about but have no closure on two previous relationships, really finding things tough at the moment to think about the future...because I'm too busy looking back. This thread has really encouraged me to forget the has beens, the what ifs etc, and just look to the future...I'm in my early 20s and am very much looking forward to marriage one day, just having trouble at my age and a bit scared I'm making the wrong decisions! You only get one first go at a family and I want to get it right...
:thumbsup:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Good luck to you. I don't know what other long-timers think (we are 33 years married, 35 years together) but one of the most important things is to talk about everything. Any problems (we all have them), talk about it. Don't see the first spot of bother as the end. Talk it through. And keep on talking!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Getting married next year. No option for that...

Thank you for all the good wishes. The good lady wife & I went to a really nice restaurant, 24 St Georges, in Brighton, which was recommended to us. A lovely restaurant serving great food, without being fleeced. Would thoroughly recommend the establishment.

It is comforting & a great pleasure that so many NSC posters are happily married and that there are many who have been married more than 30 years+ enjoying life. Rarely does such good news & joy get reported on this site or in any periodical/press/chat room!

I have been posting polls for years, including the weekly Score Predictor poll.
I don't believe that any poll that I have certainly posted has attracted so many votes.

You are just all romantics at heart
:love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here