Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long does it take you to drive to work

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
10 secs to walk to the car, get in and I'm at work.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
B Hill to T Wells, between 40 mins and an hour depending on traffic, used to drive to Heathrow everyday so it's a doddle compared to that.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
West Hoathly to Falmer, anything between 50 minutes and an hour plus if I hit traffic ( 1 1/2 hours on Wednesday last week following an accident on the A27, followed by a road closed in Ardingly also because of an accident). Various routes to try but they all seam to take the same time and get busy at the same time (Ditchling village or Lewes both get long tail backs both ways). I avoid the A23 as I don't fancy joining the lets drive at 100mph and I'm only 2mm from the car infront so lets see if i can get any closer and bu**er the consequences club.

Sometimes I drive to Balcombe and get the train and then it takes about an hour and half door to door. It would be quicker from HH but its £5.20 a day at the station car park!

Not sure if driving is any cheaper than the train, should get better as Sussex Uni car parking charges going down from £2 a day to £1 a day from Easter.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Springal said:
i just wondered what 'too far' was,

This is too far....

0637: 81 bus from house to Brighton station
0700: Train to Victoria (change at east Croydon)
0816: Tube to Tottenham Hale
0845: 192 bus to office

Been doing it for about 6 months now and it's getting a bit much.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Springal said:
i just wondered what 'too far' was, and how far people travel regularly, as I dont really want to commit to a job, where after a year, im gonna hate the travelling!

I've had a few different commutes in my time
Saltdean to Lewes - 30 mins on a motorbike
Haywards Heath - across town 20 min walk 5 mins push-bike
Haywards Heath to Brighton - 5 mins push-bike + 20 mis train + 10 mins walk
Burgess Hill to Epsom - 60 to 80 mins in car
Telford (outskirts to central) 10 mins in the car

The thing I found about commuting is how quickly I got into the routine of it all, the time was not a chore - it wasn't the commute that made me leave for my next job ....

D

Deleted member 2719

Everest said:
10 secs to walk to the car, get in and I'm at work.

The same as you my car is my office.

If i run about 2 seconds but generally i walk and can do it in 6 seconds.

:D

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
20 minute drive door to door

:justaboutright:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
20mins but thats all set to change as I'll be driving to my first job of the day soon (instead of to the office you see), so anywhere from 5mins to 50mins I reckon!

Roz gives me a lift to the station, as part of a dog walking routine. Between 5 and 10 minutes from home to Glynde Station. Train to Moulsecoomb - 17 minutes. Walk to where I work - 7 minutes.

When the weather gets warmer, I might dig out the folding bike and take it on the train - BECAUSE I CAN and the government has very kindly provided a cycle track along the edge of the A27.

:cool:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Live on one side of Gloucester and work on the other, takes me about 20 minutes door to desk at the moment, have done it in 12 when all the traffic lights were in my favour and there was bog all on the road. Moving to the same side of the city as where I work, hopefully, later this year which will cut my journey time considerably, mind you I will probably cycle instead.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
10 - 15 minutes driving from Burgess Hill to Haywards Heath

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
depends where im working. usually between 30 mins to an hour.
from doncaster to leeds, rotherham, scunthorpe, sheffield, york etc

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:

31 minutes during school hols.
45-60 minutes any other time.

Newhaven to Portslade/Hove.
Only for another 3 weeks and then I'll be travelling to Eastbourne - approx 35 mins.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
leave at 6am - 45 minutes

leave at 7am - 2 and a half hours

leave at 10am - 45 minutes again

Guess which option I usually take? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here