Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
To be fair Palace have achieved a bit more than us but historically there is very little to chose between the two.

I have always said that Palace will have a massive decline, maybe spend some time in the basement division before being rescued by a new owner who will build a new stadium in Purley way/valley park and realise the clubs potential. In 20 years time Palace will be one of the bigger clubs in London and we will be the most successfull on the south coast.

A bit more? Ok

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
To be fair Palace have achieved a bit more than us but historically there is very little to chose between the two.

I have always said that Palace will have a massive decline, maybe spend some time in the basement division before being rescued by a new owner who will build a new stadium in Purley way/valley park and realise the clubs potential. In 20 years time Palace will be one of the bigger clubs in London and we will be the most successfull on the south coast.

Don't tell Herbicide that. He might be tempted to say something constructive, instead of his usual petty, snide comments.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Don't tell Herbicide that. He might be tempted to say something constructive, instead of his usual petty, snide comments.

To be fair ST there is nothing constructive about saying Brighton will be bigger than Palace in 2 years or we always have been bigger than them is there? People getting a tad carried away with a bit of news IMO, but as Herbicide says you got to have a dream

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What have you WON in the past 20 years then?

Palace are underachievers. Fact.
I don't think Palace are underachievers, I think they are pretty much at their natural level.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley

Shut up, Todd. You are more full of arse gas than usual.

I'll say something constructive. You lot won't be able to repay the Falmer loan (which has now almost doubled) AND pay decent player wages over the coming seasons, so any hope of even getting to the same playing level as us will be impossible. Your next squad of players will come from League 2 and non-league, so you had better recruit wisely.

But football is all about having dreams for your club, so carry on using us as a beacon to your aspirations. When you can hand out a 5-0 thrashing to your rivals, we might listen to you. Until then...sweet dreams.

There you go Sweeners, you tosspot.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
To be fair ST there is nothing constructive about saying Brighton will be bigger than Palace in 2 years or we always have been bigger than them is there? People getting a tad carried away with a bit of news IMO, but as Herbicide says you got to have a dream

Too right, we have to have a dream. For too long, we have dreamed that one day BHA would be a football club again, instead of a cash-strapped pressure group/political party. We have dreamed that one day we would cease to be laughed at by people like Herbicide. We have dreamed of having a stadium that would enable the club to fulfil its undoubted potential. To make that dream a reality, we got off our backsides and attended marches, attended public enquiries, wrote countless letters and signed countless petitions. The dream is becoming a reality. We deserve all the good news that we're hearing right now. As Brighton fans, we will temper our excitement with a degree of caution, because we have been conditioned to expect bad news even at the best of times. A lot of Palace fans have enjoyed seeing us struggle on and off the pitch for the last fifteen years or so (though we have still spent three seasons recently in The Championship), so we'll see how they enjoy seeing the wheel turn.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Too right, we have to have a dream. For too long, we have dreamed that one day BHA would be a football club again, instead of a cash-strapped pressure group/political party. We have dreamed that one day we would cease to be laughed at by people like Herbicide. We have dreamed of having a stadium that would enable the club to fulfil its undoubted potential. To make that dream a reality, we got off our backsides and attended marches, attended public enquiries, wrote countless letters and signed countless petitions. The dream is becoming a reality. We deserve all the good news that we're hearing right now. As Brighton fans, we will temper our excitement with a degree of caution, because we have been conditioned to expect bad news even at the best of times. A lot of Palace fans have enjoyed seeing us struggle on and off the pitch for the last fifteen years or so (though we have still spent three seasons recently in The Championship), so we'll see how they enjoy seeing the wheel turn.

I'm not laughing at you, you nutter. I am taking the piss out of our rival club like any decent supporter should and I am taking it back on the chin.

Brighton is a good little club with a few plucky die-hard suporters. You will have thousands more come out of the woodwork when Falmer opens. They will shout "Come on the Brights" but they will put on their Chels*a shirts and drift back to their armchairs after you have been thrashed by the likes of Lincoln and Chesterfield a few times leaving you to sing "I'm the North side, I'm the North side over here!" and "I'm the toilet end, I'm the toilet end over here" etc.

But football is about the underdog. You will have many people following your slow climb out of whatever the lower leagues are called these days. I say good luck to you.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005

And i don't begrudge Brighton one little bit, they have had to put up with a hell of a lot of shit these past 12 or so years and the supporters that have stayed are as loyal as they come, all power to your elbow. But there are some sensationalist remarks on here at the moment about a lot of topics and the Palace one is one of many. However it is probably best to take one step at atime rather than planning a few years ahead because there will be some rocky paths for BHA still to come i am sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here