Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is this Fair

mansfieldwhippy

Dec 18, 2004
mansfield
i was wondering how long southend have been waiting for planning application as they have had it approved how do they get stadium so quick.

if they have been waiting longer i apoligise ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If there are no objections to the project then the planning system can be quite rapid. Luckily (depending on how you look at it), they are in the Arse end of Essex and are not surrounded by the South Downs.

mansfieldwhippy

Dec 18, 2004
mansfield
Barrel of Fun said:
If there are no objections to the project then the planning system can be quite rapid. Luckily (depending on how you look at it), they are in the Arse end of Essex and are not surrounded by the South Downs.

true but fair?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fair in the eyes of the law... :down:

I have lost count of clubs that planned, applied, gained permission and built, in the time that it took us to get from Falmer referendum to Ruth Kelly decision... :cry:

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Mike C Gull said:
They haven't got the wankers of LDC next door!
We've been promosed a stadium since the early 1980's, however these are the first concrete plans that have actually been submitted.

And we may not have LDC, but we have Rochford District Council, who's decision tonight on whether the adjacent training pitches/stadium drainage facilities can be built, has equal (if not greater) importance than our decision yesterday. Our chairman has stated that due to the design of the stadium, if this decision goes against us tonight (7.30pm), the stadium cannot go ahead.

Not only that, town planners have reccommended to the council that the plans be refused tonight, so we could still be in for a long fight like you guys :down:

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Hockley Blues said:
Not only that, town planners have reccommended to the council that the plans be refused tonight, so we could still be in for a long fight like you guys :down:

I take that back, RDC have just voted 24 votes vs 8 votes to back the new stadium

get in!!

:D :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hockley Blues said:
I take that back, RDC have just voted 24 votes vs 8 votes to back the new stadium

get in!!

:D :D

Congratulations. I'm always pleased when another club get a new stadium. I know we have been waiting and waiting but it does rather lend weight to our plight.

Having said that I quite enjoyed my trip to your place last September.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's fair because most of these places that get new stadiums have vast areas of derelict former industrial land (usually in the North), or are just crappy ugly old towns anyway that people are happy to demolish.

We don't have many large ugly sites, due to being hemmed in by the sea and the Downs.

And there are lots of tree-huggers, obviously.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
How is this fair?

funfairsized3ga.jpg

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
mansfieldwhippy said:
i was wondering how long southend have been waiting for planning application as they have had it approved how do they get stadium so quick.

if they have been waiting longer i apoligise ???

They dont have ****s like Ldc and a wanker mp like norman baker

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What is unfair is that we're not getting the pro-active support from the FA and the British sporting establishment that we should be getting. If it is ok for the Lewes LibDem scum to destroy a football club like ours, it is appalling that London was ever given the Olympics.

SheffGull

Feb 27, 2006
Sheffield
mona said:
What is unfair is that we're not getting the pro-active support from the FA and the British sporting establishment that we should be getting. If it is ok for the Lewes LibDem scum to destroy a football club like ours, it is appalling that London was ever given the Olympics.

How can you say that its appaling London was given the olympics on the back of our situation?

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Re: Re: How is this Fair

kestrel said:
They dont have ****s like Ldc and a wanker mp like norman baker
Well we haven't been without opposition - yesterday's council meeting was very much touch and go, and could very easily have gone against us until one councillor made an inspirational speech about how this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the town to progress....it's such a shame LDC don't share the same vision :down:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mona said:

I'm pretty sure the FA and the Sport for England (or similar) gave evidence for us at the public inquiries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here