Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How important is your anonymity?

Do you prize your secret identity?

• I'd hate ANYONE on here to know who/where I am

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I dont CARE if anyone knows who/where I am

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Its not hard to find out who/where I am, and I'm not bothered as I dont go out of my way to upset pe

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Fence

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I voted for the top one, I don't really want every tom, dick and harry knowing where we live, what school my children are in and stuff. Not because I've upset people, I just think where someone lives, works etc is a personal thing for friends, not a bunch of randoms on the internet.

There are several sane and normal people here who do know here we live and whose children are in the same sports clubs/activities are ours.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. My user name is close to my ACTUAL name anyway.

I've met a good few people from here and hopefully I'm not to different in real life from what I'm like on here.

That can't be said for some who come on here and maybe that's why anonymity can be useful to them!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I wanted to remain anonymous then I haven't done a very good job. FRANK even got my credit rating apparently. :ohmy:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simster said:
If I wanted to remain anonymous then I haven't done a very good job. FRANK even got my credit rating apparently. :ohmy:

For the record it wasn't through NSC though :jester:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hiney said:
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. My user name is close to my ACTUAL name anyway.

I've met a good few people from here and hopefully I'm not to different in real life from what I'm like on here.

That can't be said for some who come on here and maybe that's why anonymity can be useful to them!

I agree with him. [His real name is actually Waldorf Heinz III].

If you are actually not creating some odd, hard man / weirdo / ego-maniac persona on here, then who cares?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its interesting that some people will say the most horrible things to you on here, but when you meet them, they are your best mate!

I think this is a pretty good "community " we have here.

Yes people get upset with people and sometimes the banter gets a bit much, but with a lot of the REMF stuff we do, and also meet ups at away games etc, mean that most prople know eachother anyway.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dave the Gaffer said:
Its interesting that some people will say the most horrible things to you on here, but when you meet them, they are your best mate!

I think this is a pretty good "community " we have here.

Yes people get upset with people and sometimes the banter gets a bit much, but with a lot of the REMF stuff we do, and also meet ups at away games etc, mean that most prople know eachother anyway.

Come off it Dave, everybody hates me :(

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
ive met a fair few people off here and as some others have others my username is my name

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
bhaexpress said:
Come off it Dave, everybody hates me :(
For the first time I can honestly say I feel a bit sorry for you. To be fair, you might be LOVELY in real life.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was really funny in a pub at Orient, because one person on here who for some reason ( although I probably know why) posted some really horrible bile about me, kept on about the 4 poofs stuff etc etc....anyway, was in the pub and I got talking to these albion fans, who most of them I know ( an NSCer amongst them) and this person introduced himself as his username on NSC. I said to him...Oh hello I am Dave the Gaffer...he went white and said " Oh you know that stuff its all in fun isnt it.not to be taken seriuosly ha ha ha ....whatcha drinking mate..."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was quite amusing really

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It really doesn't bother me in the slightest if people know who I am or where I am. I'm exactly the same on here as I am in reality! I have nothing to hide and most people would recognise Arthur in the street anyhow.... If anyone wanted to give me any trouble they would have done so long before now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here