Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How hot can you take your curry?

How hot can you take you curry?

• Total voters

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Vindaloo, although one nearly killed me once.

I realise the options don't cover everything but I think they cover a reasonable range.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Vindaloo, rarely have anything milder than a madras, if you're having a curry then you may as well know about it!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Maybe it's a bit early, but can I safely say that we all like vindaloo? la la la etc.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I normally have a vindaloo but have had several phalls in my time and eaten them - although one made me very, very ill.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I normally have a vindaloo but have had several phalls in my time and eaten them - although one made me very, very ill.

hotcurry.jpg

Last time I asked for a vindaloo I had to explain I wanted it "Indian hot, not toned down for the locals".

Then the waiters watched me eat, and I scoffed it down followed by glasses of water to make it feel hotter.
It really wasn't all that, to be honest. I haven't tried a phall, and perhaps the restaurant I was in (Church Rd N.side near the library area) was just a bit weak

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tend to order a Madras but Vindaloos are lovely most places. Have eaten Phall and finish it but it's not as enjoyable. More a drunken student thing than what I'd choose to eat for a meal out/in.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Madras is hot enough for me. Perfect washed down with a few kingfishers!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I like a Jalfrezi, plain Naan, plain boiled rice, Cobra x 2.

Thank you.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
At Uni my housemate used to make 'Death Curry'. Half a jar of vindaloo paste, an entire bag of the hottest chillis you can find in the local supermarket (+ seeds), an entire bottle of firey hot tobasco sauce and basically anything else that will cause as much discomfort as possible.
Needless to say it was always absolute hell eating it (after about 2 spoonfulls) and the pain the morning after is unbearable! :lol:
I do miss Uni days!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I've eaten a Phal, can't say I enjoyed it.

Will go for a madras regularly if down the sticks here, generally gets milder the further from Dublin. Assumption was wrong once though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here