• England regular

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • World Player of the year

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I'd like to say one day he'll be good enough for England one day but there seems to be a wealth of top quality young England players already playing in Prem & staking a claim for Ferdinand's jersey so may not get a look in.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I dont think he has had that many cards.....

A few for starters i recall he has taken a yellow " for the team " from a poor pass too him.

He is currently the most booked player in the division on 7 - but you are right, I can think of a couple of occasions where he was sold short and 'took one for the team'. And I expect him to be able to iron out some of the needless ones, it's potential he's all about, and the important attributes.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He will be world player of the year in 2016 leading england to Euro 2016 and Arsenal to the Premiership and Champions League Double before signing on for Barcelona where a broken leg and other injury problems will hamper the rest of his career

He will return for a farewell spell with us in 2020 before retiring early because of injuries

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Some of his passing on Saturday was pretty crisp. The floor-cutting, cross-field, arrow-like ping (as it's technically known) to Calderon on several occasions was one of our more effective routes forward.

Still, as of a week ago, we can no longer call him a promising teenager.

Apart from the appaling one that should have cost us a goal (just after Greers similar one)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lewis Dunk has been a real bonus for the Albion at a time when most of our summer signings have contributed very little. If the season ended now he'd get my Player Of The Year.

I think he'll play for a bottom half Prem team within 3 seasons, hopefully that will be us!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lewis Dunk has been a real bonus for the Albion at a time when most of our summer signings have contributed very little. If the season ended now he'd get my Player Of The Year.
!

Him, Noone and Bridcutt the 1-2-3. Even at this stage, hard to see anyone else getting a look-in unless they get injured or leave.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You continually spout this particular line of nonsense. Seriously, what an odd thing to maintain. If he was so poor on Saturday, why is it that the man mountain Clive Platt, and the highly rated Lukas Jutkeweicz failed to win a single meaningful header all game?

Because they were both very poor as were the crosses into them and those that got anywhere near him Vincelot took as he is excellant in the air. Just compare his l ability in the air with that of the 2 Coventry central defender who were excellent at attacking the ball. The goal they conceeded was pulled back away from the area the central defenders where covering and look how Vincelot powered it home.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I do like Dunk, and it would be nice to think he can make it in the Premier League HOWEVER lets not get too excited. Remember how everyone claimed Paul McShane was clearly destined for the top after his one season on loan with us?

And now he's playing for Barnsley having failed to get in the side of his parent club Hull City.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do like Dunk, and it would be nice to think he can make it in the Premier League HOWEVER lets not get too excited. Remember how everyone claimed Paul McShane was clearly destined for the top after his one season on loan with us?

And now he's playing for Barnsley having failed to get in the side of his parent club Hull City.
Usually only makes the bench as he did against us. This was having been a bright propect when we signed him on loan from Man Utd.

Dont get me wrong I think Dunk is a tremendous prospect but dont lets get carried away that he is the best thing since sliced bread he is still learning and has faults, and points that need improving, obviously.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't remember anyone ever saying Paul McShane was destined for the top. He looked what he is, a Championship defender. I remember him for 'that goal', and improving a shaky back line, that's about it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man U rated him very highly and he was in the Ireland side at a young age.

They rated him so highly that...they let him go and hardly ever played him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously didnt meet their expectation but was their expectation any higher than ours of Dunk taking into account we are midtable in The Championship and they are /were a top four team in the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here