Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How has the stadium inpacted the club?

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
I'm not complaining here, I love the new stadium and all the good it's done for the club but i'm doing an article for English coursework and I need some opinions on the following issues:

For those who went to the withdean for 12 years does it make you feel less 'special' as a fan when you sit amongst people who you know haven't experienced the withdean and just come for the new stadium?

Also do you feel that the new stadium has made the club lose its community touch by becoming more commercial?

Has Brighton gone from being a small, rarely thought about local club to a main championship club that is now more recognised by those outside of the city?

Thanks guys :) Up the albion!!! :bhasign:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
1) I wasn't a Withdean regular, so wouldn't describe myself as "special". I was a STH at the Goldstone, though, so I feel entitled to comment that I'm more than happy for all the new fans to enjoy the new stadium. As long as they are there to support US, of course. Doesn't make me feel "less" of anything.

2) Difficult question. Despite possible appearances, I believe the club are doing as much (if not more), so I don't think they've lost their community touch).

3) I don't think they were a "small, rarely thought about local club", what with all the supporter campaigns and the promotions since moving to Withdean. But I think we are now a force to be reckoned with. We will be taken more seriously.

Hope that helps.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its great but a bit sanitised.

ground is terrific

service is crap

stewards are friendly and efficient

football is great

seats , when you get a chance to sit in them are comfy

difficult to make out what guests are saying at half time in teh NStand as the accoustics are not brilliant.

Ground starting to fall away from the euphoria of the first couple of games and therefore the noise level is falling

I think fans , certainly that I work with from teh south, midlands and the north , regard us still as a small seaside team that have been through the mill but now are doing well and lucky to have someone to bankroll us ( a bit like Blackpool really).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i'm doing an article for English coursework

Hmmm. My A Level English coursework (insofar as I can remember that far back) generally involved critically analysing the works of Shakespeare, Dickens, and Jane Austen, with a bit of Chaucer and David Hare thrown in.

The youth of today :rolleyes: :p

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There ARE growing pains and everybody knows it. But to answer the questions, I too say:

No
No
Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here