Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happily employed are we?

How happy are you in your work?

• Chuffed to bits - I love my job!

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Its OK - not really arsed. Pays the bills.

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • It sucks - cant stand it. But Im stuck.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Cant stand it - looking to get out asap!

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Have already quit and got something better to go to.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Work? nah - cant be doing with it.

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I used to love it, used to be Mr Commitment, I get paid very well, but over the years the company has ground me down into a shadow of my former self.
But I am the boss, I pretty much do what I want and when. But iam going very stale.
Guess I could change, but circumstances suit and it pays the bills and alows me Saturdays off to go to the footy, thats what is most important.
So - not arsed really.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
i like the company and the actual work, love the location.

dont like the people - mid/north sussex geeks who dont drink/smoke or talk about girls or football. very odd indeed.

$$$ be good tho :)

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
jobs ok, get to post on NSC, get out the office when I want ,decent car allowance. not much stress.

get bored at times though, not great pay, but it pays the bills,beer and brighton games.

does scare me at times i'll be doing the same thing in 20 years though!

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Rambo said:
I used to love it, used to be Mr Commitment, I get paid very well, but over the years the company has ground me down into a shadow of my former self.
But I am the boss, I pretty much do what I want and when. But iam going very stale.
Guess I could change, but circumstances suit and it pays the bills and alows me Saturdays off to go to the footy, thats what is most important.
So - not arsed really.

Exactly my position so saves me typing it all out.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I work because I have to, not because I want to.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I come under the can't stand it and want to get out a.s.p,but its not rearly the job its the fu-king misrable brown nosed f***-ers who work there.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :lol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wilts said:
Start me career tomorrow :cheers: :dance:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

To be honest I'm bricking it, but there we go.

good luck Wilts, contact me if u need anything (im on Esource).

my job is amazing, absolutely love it, the real cut and thrust of the city, long hours and stressful (and dealing with traders everyday) but brilliant pay, a lot of nights out on the company at top bars and real job satisfaction...the yankees really know how to treat their employees

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stoped working in July 2002 as I was stuck in Croydon working witha lot of Palarse fans. Not worked full time since as I don't need to. Might do something trivial to pass the time while I wait for Uncle Sam to make me a legal alien.

Trouble is, it's damned hard for somebody with my experience to get any sort of a job, even stacking shelves.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I work for the NHS so I'm overworked and underpaid. Most of the people I work with are marvellous and the salary, such as it is, pays for my season ticket, so I'll stick it out for a while.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yeah, I was, I've been in IT for over 30 years but there's several thngs to consider. First of all, most employers in IT won't even look at me as I have TOO MUCH experience (ridiculous or what ?) Sencondly, I am sick to deatn of dealing with stupid little, just about got a degree muppets who call themselves recruitment consultants (most wouldn't know a computer if it hit them in the face). Last;y, I am pretty sick and tired of computers and their whinging, cretinous users.

I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get the States although I know that having worked there before that they don't have a problem with the fact that somebody has a lot of experience, they rather like the idea actually. Right now I don't need to work but I do get very bored watching daytime TV and I know that it'll be a minimum of four months before I get my US clearance. I may have to do that here but we're petitioning the US Immigration to let me move over and apply over there as my Wife is about to go into a rather bloody custody court case with her turd of an ex husband (the guy makes Twatty seem like a good guy). I'm going to be called into the fray I know and thus I may be there sooner rather than later, I don't know.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I guess I'm one of the lucky people who get to do some thing they enjoy and get paid for it.

I work on a steam railway and get paid to drive steam trains (some of the time anyway). Before anyone says it, I am not a bloody train spotter! Anyone who has ever experienced the power of a steam loco from the footplate will understand the feeling of power, Thomas the Tank engine it ain't!

Most of the people who work there are volunteers and some people actually pay a fair bit of money to do what I get paid for!

Only draw back is the money ain't too great and I often have to work Saturdays which kinda fucks up the footy. Love it though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think I get paid very well for what I do but am told it is industry standard though the benefits are good.

Free private health care, free rail travel (as I was employed by British Rail pre privatisation) and most importantly still part of the Railway pension scheme which.

I do have a team of 10 which causes additional work at times and would like to move back to project management at some point.

Summary - what I earn gives me a very comfortable lifestyle and I also enjoy most of the work.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I've worked for the NHS now for 15years!! I've moved to another area and it is football friendly as I get 2 weekends off a month. So I'm happy!!

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Got made redundant 15 months ago (from telecoms-say no more) and haven't managed to match pay, benefits, etc. since. Over-qualified for some jobs and under qualified (because I'm not tri-lingual with an MSc and experience in something really f***ing obscure) for the rest. A bit of freelance work that was quite lucrative but mainly temping (ie shit money) so thank god for Mrs Turnip or I'd be down Madeira Drive wanking for coins.

Like bhaexpress, I'm sick of dealing with arsehole recruitment consultants with appalling diction and bad spelling who expect you to kiss their arse in return for putting you forward for an underpaid job that they think you should be grateful for.

Have decided to re-train so am in the process of becoming an electrician. Master plan is to piss of to Europe in 5-10 years and enjoy some good weather and a better standard of living.

Rant over. Have I said too much? Must be time for another beer.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Quit my waste of time job, am due to start something a whole better in rather more of an exotic setting in a month's time. :)

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Work for the NHS. Get every other weekend off. Work with a great bunch of people, and do something different every day. Sorry, but boring, I actually enjoy being a nurse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here