Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is this Nicolas?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not convinced we need a player who MM says is like Charlie Oatway...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He has the tenacity of Oatway, if not the tackle, but is technically better, quicker, and looks for the best pass. Could be good for us

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well, definitely need to strengthen the midfield but, as has been said on here aprroximately a million times, what we really need to do is enhance our midfield's creativity... will Nicolas do that?... haven't seen him play, so can't really pass judgement... but MM seems to be saying that he is a different kind of player... a ball-winner, and makes simple passes...

Not sure... resources are obviously very scarce... at this time, I would most like to see us loan a striker... we just don't have enough cover with Leon suspended and McPhee injured...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
He has the tenacity of Oatway, if not the tackle, but is technically better, quicker, and looks for the best pass. Could be good for us

I second that.

I think he still has to prove he can bring everything into his game and play well at this level though.

He looks alright but he's not midfield general. He comes across as a bit light weight.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
b.w.2. said:
Well, definitely need to strengthen the midfield but, as has been said on here aprroximately a million times, what we really need to do is enhance our midfield's creativity... will Nicolas do that?... haven't seen him play, so can't really pass judgement... but MM seems to be saying that he is a different kind of player... a ball-winner, and makes simple passes...

Not sure... resources are obviously very scarce... at this time, I would most like to see us loan a striker... we just don't have enough cover with Leon suspended and McPhee injured...

On last nights performance he makes simple passes and hounds the opposition for the ball - without actually getting a foot in. :)

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
Obviously haven't seen him yet but would love to see a bit of strength in depth and competition for places in midfield.
Oatway, harty and piercy all well and good but maybe new young faces will shake them up and put a few rockets up a few arses

Oct 25, 2003
i was impressed with his last night, his passing was good(mostly simple), he gets a foot in, and has great awareness(he knows when he has time rather than relying on people to tell him)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Although he has been released I thought Chelsea still owned him and thus we would be liable for compensation as he is under 24 ?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
bha.fatboy said:
Although he has been released I thought Chelsea still owned him and thus we would be liable for compensation as he is under 24 ?

We'd get him on loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here