Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is Ronhaldinio? Is he in your all time top 10?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I definitely think that Bobby Charlton deserves a place in the greatest Top 10, he would definitely cut it in today's football.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not in the all time list yet, will prob get there but needs to consistently produce at the level he is for a few more years yet

you'd think he'd sort his teeth out with all that money

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the trouble with this is the definition of "great"

are we sayiong that only great players are ones that can ( would have been able) to play in todays game, of no real tackles, diving a when brushed, feigning injury and backchatting refs?

I would suggest that players who were capable of riding tackles of Hunter and Harris, Tommy Smith and the like and still produce sublime skills, Georgie Best springs to mind as well as Zico, are probably better players than todays crop.

But again it is all subjective isnt it

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Interesting how no one has mentioned George Best. When he was dying he was apparently the best player these Isles have produced.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
enigma said:
I think Ronaldo would have been better had he not had all the injuries. When you consider how good Ronaldo was in his early twenties, its frightening to think how good he could have been.

Ronaldinho is currently the best player in the world, but I dont think he will be as good as Maradona was for example.

this man is talking sense...:clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd say the Top 10 players of all-time were:

1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Bobby Charlton
4. Cruyff
5. Platini
6. Best
7. Maldini
8. Bobby Moore