Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good is Gordon Greer?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cor we won't put 450 down for him will we? If we do you gotta say painter calderon greer and swallow are some solid signings that show we've got some ambition.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think it could still be on???
The latest from wilson is every player has a price but how much more would we offer for a 29 year old:facepalm:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would not want us to pay more than 300k to be honest.

Id rather we paid the money in wages to someone like Docherty.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
if you offer over 300k personally i would bite your hand off.

I dont blame you. I think it will be around 250k if we get him to be honest...
Which again. i think is decent money for a 29yo CB.

I know Swindon initially said 450k but everyone doubles the realistic price to be honest.

Sounds like a deal is going to happen though.

Im guessng he has made his mind up he wants to go, so 250k -300k should seal the deal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Sounds like a deal is going to happen though.

Im guessng he has made his mind up he wants to go, so 250k -300k should seal the deal.
Indeed, I doubt we'd waste our time coming back to them with increased offers if both parties simply weren't interested.

Just hope we don't go over the odds and eat into valuable 'striker budget'! Greer's good, but his overall ability at 29 doesn't warrant 300k+!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Greer is ok but is he really any better than what we have??

Yes, and with far more experience. Whether he is worth £300k is a different argument altogether, though!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't know much about the player but for £300k we should be getting a very very good League 1 central defender... I would prefer we splashed the cash where it will need to be splashed, i.e. up front TBH...

If the player wants to go, Swindon would be fools to hold-on BTW... his motivation will plummet...

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
the problem is, we have el-abd and elphick atm, who have virtually no real experience between them IMO. i think we need to sign an experienced defender to partner one or the other, the likes of Doherty, or, for me, preferably Greer, as he is experienced and younger, but the downside is he'd come at a price... hmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here