Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How fussy are you with food ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's two things I wouldn't choose in a restaurant and that's raw coconut and tripe. I've eaten them both in dishes and don't mind them, I simply wouldn't choose them. Apart from them, any meat (great fan of Offal), sheep's brains, Steak a Cheval, sweetbreads, oysters, mussels, winkles, whelks, any veg or seafood whatsoever.

I've never tried and don't fancy Casu Martzu, but I'm pretty sure, I've been responsible for the larvae disappearing at the bottom of a bottle of Mezcal.

So, what would you not eat ?

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's two things I wouldn't choose in a restaurant and that's raw coconut and tripe. I've eaten them both in dishes and don't mind them, I simply wouldn't choose them. Apart from them, any meat (great fan of Offal), sheep's brains, Steak a Cheval, sweetbreads, oysters, mussels, winkles, whelks, any veg or seafood whatsoever.

I've never tried and don't fancy Casu Martzu, but I'm pretty sure, been responsible for the larvae disappearing at the bottom of a bottle of Mezcal.

So, what would you not eat ?
Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Amex cheeseburgers

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Monkey brain.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Parsnips and rhubarb, food of satans rectum.

Parsnip crisps are brilliant, roast parsnips with honey OK, but Rhubarb is an a league of it's own with only Gooseberries getting close. And it's what Duck was always waiting for :drool::drool:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Only fish/seqfood as I can't eat any whatsoever anymore as I developed an allergy to it in my early 30's.

Jul 20, 2003
I've had tripe 3 times.

In a pub that claimed to sell the best tripe and onions in Yorkshire. Hated it.

In a creamy soup made by a Polish friend. Hated it.

Cooked it myself to a recipe from a classic French cookbook. Hated it.

I have decided it's not for me.

That and cheap, long life bread.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can only eat tomato if it's chopped / blended / whatever into the meal.

Slices of tomato? Heck no.
Chopped toms in a bolognese? All over it.

My daughter is fine with mushrooms chopped up in stuff and raw, but a big old Portabello stuffed with crab or Boursin

harry-enfield-paul-whitehouse.gif

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mushrooms

Can’t stand the taste or texture

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here