Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far can you go back?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My Nan was born in 1899 and died in May 2001, she lived in three different centuries!!!!

My grandfather was considerably older than my gran. He died in 1960 at the age of 84, making his date of birth 1876. He held me as a baby, so I did meet him. Obviously I don't remember it.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Can't remember what his birth date was but my late 'grandpa' must've popped out in late Victorian times circa 1894/95?

Lovely bloke too. Got his old war medals somewhere.

I remember him as a twinkly-eyed lovable old gent who liked hanging around in the garden watching my Dad doing the weeding etc.

Must have loved him as I apparently once cycled off to his bungalow a few streets away on my little plastic bike with stabilisers aged just five! He was very surprised to see me, as was my Dad when he found out!

I liked to travel alone, you see?!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm 28 but my dad was born in 1938 so its fair to say ive had my share of elderly relatives! The oldest i had met was my great aunt who lived in Battle, she died in the mid/late nineties and was born in the very late 19th century, 1898 I think?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The oldest ancestor I actually met was my great grandfather, Tom Bolam - born at Esh, County Durham, in 1862 (his 150th birthday is in two weeks time). He started his working life as an agricultural labourer, progressed to being a cartman for the Co-op, and ended up as a labourer in a lead works. For some of his life, he lived on the Scotswood Road, made famous by The Blaydon Races. He was the son of Irish famine immigrants. His father came from Stokane, Co Sligo, and his mother was from Co Clare. His mother died in Gateshead Workhouse.

Fcuking hell, you must be old

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
My Great Grandmother born in 1880, she was 35 in 1915 with 10 children the youngest my grandfather who never met his dad when her husband died near Ypres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here