Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far are you...

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
in my term home of manchester i am far from anywhere that sells harveys to my knowledge, however in my native home of hove thankfully im only a brisk 15 min walk from the dyke tavern

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
About 5 minutes from the Eclipse but the Portland serves Harveys and that is 20 seconds down the road:clap2:

25 mins walk from The Royal Oak, SE1
15 mins walk from The Market Porter (in fact, may well have to get down there after work tonight).

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
About 30 mins walk from the Market Porter while at work, about 5 mins from the fairly dingy Royal Sovereign at home. Good-quality H in there though, to be fair.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
5 minutes from The Norfolk Arms in Steyning. I shall provide a more exact timing tomorrow.

Used to be 10 minutes from The Black Horse in Rottingdean. Don't get me started on that.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
In answer to the first, I am about a 10-minute walk. (The Mitre).

:drink: :drink: :drink:
Ah the Mitre, Baker Street... Landlady is a bit of a gambler, always picks the grey horses and never follows my tips, I can't blame her... Often get a free pint in there.

:thumbsup:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I work in Lewes so am only 10mins walk from the actual brewery!

At home I have to walk for at least 15mins to find a place that stocks the stuff. Fortunately in Newhaven all the pubs serve it :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just realised The Heath in HH does it, I've never tried Harvey's but might have to when I get home!

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
263.19 miles according to MapQuest. Hold on, I'll be there in 5 hours and 44 minutes, apparently. Er, except that i don't have a car... :down:

And the nearest one would be the bloody Cryst*l Pal*ce in Tunbridge Wells wouldn't it... :angry: :angry:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
A long long way thank god.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dick Knights Mum said:
5 minutes from The Norfolk Arms in Steyning. I shall provide a more exact timing tomorrow.

Used to be 10 minutes from The Black Horse in Rottingdean. Don't get me started on that.

The idea of going to the Black Horse but them not doing Harveys is just plain weird. Like visiting a house you used to live in, not the same any more.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
work: 3 minutes - The Ship

home: 5 minutes - The Marine

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
I'm disturbed that a Harveys is served in a pub called the Crystal Palace.

I'm many many miles away from Harveys at the moment, but will be much nearer after moving to London at the weekend.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Just 2 minutes round the corner to the Rock which serves a nice drop, but I think my nearest Harveys owned pub is the Lord Nelson. We are shockingly poorly provided for in East Brighton

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Work - The Barley Mow on Horseferry Road (3 minutes walk), though Harvey's is not always available on tap there.

Home - The Dunnings Mill on Dunnings Road, East Grinstead, unfortunately now turned into a rather soulless theme restaurant pub and yes, it's owned by Harvey's. Otherwise the Dunnings Mill Snooker Club next door. I used to be a member when I was a taxi driver (dive in there when you'd turned your radio off), but I never seem to have the time to go there now.

Best pint of Harvey's I have ever had was at the Halfway House on the A26 near Isfield, as it came straight from the barrel behind the bar. A little bit of useless information - Piers Morgan's (ex-Daily Mirror editor) was the chef there the last time I went back in 2000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here