Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far are we shy of a play-off team?

How far are we!?

• Not a snowballs chance in hell

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Outside chance if we get some quality in

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • A couple more players and we have a great chance.

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • WE'll be there by the time the season starts

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
Well we're currently sitting top of the league so if we drop into the play offs over the course of the season i for one will be dissappointed.

The alphabet has got us into this position it is up to Mickey to keep it going!

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I think we're starting with a better squad and a better manager than last year, we finished one place below the play-offs last time, so I reckon we stand a great chance of going one better this time round.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do any of you children ever watch the game ?

Thomson and Livermore are playing totally different types of games . Livermore is holding the midfield together and Thomson is getting much further forward and setting up the many through balls for Murray and Forster.

We will be fine we do not need any more signings although more quality would obviously be an added advantage.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
League 1 is getting more and more money so even though we have improved, have we improved enough?

Another way of looking at it, is who is going to finish higher then us?

Leeds
Leicester
Carlisle

for sure I would say, other then that...

Huddersfield?
Tranmere?
MK Dons (lots of money) ?

There is some real quality this year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Our midfield is still far from convincing. It's easily the area of the pitch where we are at our most vulnerable and still in severe danger of being rolled over.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as far as i can tell the thing missing is pass completion. doesnt matter if you are playing Charlton, Luton or Arsenal, if you keep passing the ball to air/other side you will struggle. bit of agression when on the ball wouldnt hurt either and the front two do seem a bit isolated too much of the time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Somebody should be drilling home to our lot to try a lot more shots on goal. Charlton might have had a dodgy keeper for all we knew, but in the near-absence of shots on goal there was no way of finding out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm still concerned about the midfield. I have seen Thomson enough to know he isn't brilliant. Livermore hopefully the part but we need a CM that chips in with a few goals. Yesterday gave a very small insight to the fact we do need a bit more of a spark in there. Besides this our midfield back up is a real concern.

Everywhere else we are fine

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
True point about Carlisle.

I was discuessing this with my Grandpa yesterday and we both agree that its the speed and aggression that let us down.

We are SO SLOWWWWW! If you watched charlton a player recieved the ball and knew what to do, instantly, I know they have played togetehr lnoger but we should be closer to this then we are.

I have noticed it last season, and in pre-season: lack of aggression and drive. Last season a player would make a run and cut through defence, but it was as if the box was no-mans land, they immediately curved out and tried to do a high cross. They didn't attack that zone.

IN the charlton game a similar thing happened, we were midway in their half, charlton had all men behind the ball but we weren't being closed down, but a lack of speed and aggression meant that rather then our players moving anc creating space we passed it back to defence.

The only players who seem to have the nerve to penetrate this area (no pun intended) are the defence - we've seen it from Whing and Elhpick.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
SeagullEd;2509538 The only players who seem to have the nerve to penetrate this area (no pun intended) are the defence - we've seen it from Whing and Elhpick.[/QUOTE said:
The poroblem with these4 2 is that their distribution is very poor they are both guilty of just lumping the ball forward with no thought or idea where it is going to go and to whom if we are lucky. Both good at defending but let down by their distribution.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Do any of you children ever watch the game ?

Thomson and Livermore are playing totally different types of games . Livermore is holding the midfield together and Thomson is getting much further forward and setting up the many through balls for Murray and Forster.

We will be fine we do not need any more signings although more quality would obviously be an added advantage.

is the right answer ....... save that Gatting ,and Dixon cannot be ones for the future,their tme is now!!!!!!! Gargan has time he needs to grab the chance,if he can !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
racon and westlake back in midfield and I would hope for a top 6....

still according to Knight by bringing mickey back we are guaranteed of a better finish than last year ( shut up Dave you are getting boring now)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Agreed - we are on the cusp of having a decent squad, but are still light in two areas in my view: a midfielder with experience and the ability to thread a pass through that opens up a defence, and a striker who can seriously push Forster and Murray.

We may not get these before season starts, but I suspect we'll need that little bit of extra quality if we're to improve on last season.

azul

Jul 15, 2008
Brighton - Currie = No Chance

Fans x Bitterness = Negativity

Negativity + No chance = Adams Out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here