Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far are we shy of a play-off team?

How far are we!?

• Not a snowballs chance in hell

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Outside chance if we get some quality in

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • A couple more players and we have a great chance.

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • WE'll be there by the time the season starts

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We're fine, as long as the creative force of DOUG is in the middle of the park, we'll be there or thereabouts :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

vu1ture

Banned
Jul 23, 2008
Littlehampton
We need a striker as well. The "other day" I said striker AND creative midfielder. The reason I'm ignoring striker at the moment is because that could be easily filled by a LOANEE later on once injuries/suspension to Murray and Forster kick in. What we NEED right now, and what is the only permanent signing we should consider, is a creative midfielder.

So no, no tune changing here:thumbsup:

Livermore and Thompson are to alike.Thats not good.Then you have Fraser who again is similar.Loft is different but he isn't the answer.We have a very negative central midfield.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I think we are most likely in the market for a creative mid, following Curries change of heart. Striker and Goalkeeper on loan and we're there I think.

Can't see us conceding that many, though there are some quality strikers, I think the wingers and strike force will cause problems but we need a creative centre mid to really stir things up.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Without a creative midfielder and a half decent back-up striker, we have no chance at all of making the play-offs.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
As long as our centre-midfilders aren't who they were in the 2nd half today
( Frazer and El-Bad) we SHOULD be capable of a proper promotion push this season

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Surely MA is aware of the short comings after today and I would assume that he is still looking for that creativity ( looking for 1 more player possibly quote)

Good to lose in pres season too as it demonstrates what needs doing/adding rather than pretending certain things will be good enough....

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The side we have with the right tactics and application are more than capable of a play off place.

If I could add something would be someone like Racon as he showed again yesterday his ability to string a whole game together with excellent link play and support for the strikers.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I was a little bit disaapointed with yesterday as well.

Defence is fairly sorted, it's just a matter of who to pick, but we know they are good and won't concede many.

But what we wanted and needed to see was how creative this team actually can be, but instead of playing a creative game we played a more defensive game - perhaps it was the heat.

But you can't be too disheartened. Charlton are a fantastic side, its a friendly - you dont really study your oposition and work out how to beat them. We've got some time now to work on our creativity.

I found Adams statement about only getting 1 more, more worrying.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would say that we are only a couple of players away from being a very good side in this division, namely a creative midfielder and another striker, get that sorted and we can start thinking about going places.

Agree about defence, don't think we will concede too many, but I would like to think that if we do go a goal behind we will have the confidence that we can score two ourselves...that of course requires players with the ability to turn it into fact and is the mark of truly great teams.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We are one of only a few clubs in league 1 who haven't actually spent money on a transfer fee. Even Stockport have spent large.I can't help thinking that Adams has put all his eggs into one basket with Currie and perhaps offering new contracts to Hart and Mayo made him panic a bit.
Both Thomspon and Livermore are 28/29 years of age.We need a creative player aroung 24 years of age with plenty of buzz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here