Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How empty will the Amex be with 10 mins to go tommorrow?

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Probably the same as always,you pay your money you take your choice.I`ll still be there supporting the team not giving a shit about who goes early or late.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It will be ironic if we get relegated because the players have no confidence from seeing fans leave so early week in week out.

Sorry but that's ludicrous. If the players have got time to note that fans are leaving early then they're not focussing on their jobs properly.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
No problem - the JCL's will probably leave just afer half time (or just before the end of the 1st half)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Fucks sake give it a rest. If people want to leave early then let them. No need to get all sanctimonious about it.

absolutely. Let it go you control freaks

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not as empty as your head.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goring Gull gets bored at work at the weekends so does his usual wind up posts. It seems people still bite easily.

Like you TB, I sussed GG yonks a go. He doesnt actually go to games. I have challenged him on a number of occasions but he never comes back with a satisfactory answer.

In the past month

Where can we drink near Millwalls ground? He didnt go.

I hope Brighton fans get a good kicking at Birmingham. He didnt go.

Now this crap attention seeking thread.

Goring, you dont get out much do you?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have to be on a flight from Gatwick at 7.30 so I'll be leaving a bit early for the first time...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being a Sunday with Sunday train service? I can see the early leavers heading away with 20 mins to go.

So how many did leave with twenty minutes to go Goring?

BTW, I know the answer as I was there.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I left after 77 minutes :( plane to catch.

No worries mate. Have a word with Mr Goring IN Huddersfield and he MIGHT absolve you.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I did have a chuckle when I saw that the first train to Brighton was cancelled so all those who left early didn't get their early train

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I left early yesterday (89 minutes) for the first time in years, as I had two of my young children with me and needed them to be home at a reasonable time as it was Sunday...(school preparations, baths etc etc etc). Decided to get on the bus going home for a change, which by the time I got to it, was pretty full.

It was interesting to see who else was on it....and of course, as equally guilty as me, of leaving early.

There were a number of supporters who had walking sticks....young children.....and quite a few who were, shall we say.....over 60. It was quite clear to me, that many, if not most, of these supporters were people who would find the usual push and shove attitude on the trains etc quite dangerous to themselves. Yet....they still come and support the Albion .

In future, I will look upon many of those who leave early in a different light. They are Albion supporters and despite obvious difficulties......they still fork out money for their ticket and enjoy as much of the match as they can....with a sensible attitude to what they can....and cannot do in the rush to get home.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
sorry...double post.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I left early yesterday (89 minutes) for the first time in years, as I had two of my young children with me and needed them to be home at a reasonable time as it was Sunday...(school preparations, baths etc etc etc). Decided to get on the bus going home for a change, which by the time I got to it, was pretty full.

It was interesting to see who else was on it....and of course, as equally guilty as me, of leaving early.

There were a number of supporters who had walking sticks....young children.....and quite a few who were, shall we say.....over 60. It was quite clear to me, that many, if not most, of these supporters were people who would find the usual push and shove attitude on the trains etc quite dangerous to themselves. Yet....they still come and support the Albion .

In future, I will look upon many of those who leave early in a different light. They are Albion supporters and despite obvious difficulties......they still fork out money for their ticket and enjoy as much of the match as they can....with a sensible attitude to what they can....and cannot do in the rush to get home.

I left about a minute early with my young daughter, but we had to wait outside for a short while to meet someone, and that put us to the back of the Mithras House P&R queue which I had never done before for a 3pm kick-off. I don't know if it's like that every time, but I won't be waiting with a four-year-old in the cold for 40 minutes like that again. Seemed like a good system up there - just no proper flow of buses. I can understand why certain people leave early in these circumstances.

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
I appreciate that there are all sorts of reasons while people want to leave early but spare a thought for those of us who want to watch the game to the end without our view of the pitch being constantly interrupted by people leaving their seats. A few of the early leavers ooked a bit sheepish when taunted with 'we can see you sneaking out' from the North Stand. Having stood in the rain for a good half an hour waiting for a Park 'n' Ride bus after the West Ham game, we decided to walk back to Mithras House after the Barnsley game. It probably took no more than half an hour so another 'escape route' for people to consider.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here