Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think we have done this season so far?

How DO you think we have done so far this season

• Total voters

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I would give the team 7 out of 10.Mid table was the aim and plenty of us would of been happy this year with that outcome.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well so far - will be challenging to keep up with that

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Dean should be congratulated for the results up to christmas considering the lack of funds available to him.We needed two/three additional players to make sure the earlier efforts were not wasted,then three players who had contributed much to the teams success are being allowed to leave.The evidence indicates we could lose in the next month all we had achieved.
Management will ask why are gates going down?

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
A young Brighton side with plenty of local talent battling hard in League 1 without any money (actually losing cash each week) playing in front of meagre crowds because most of Sussex are such shallow, pathetic beings that they'd rather swig Aqua Libra with other neo fans at Stamford Bridge and the Emirates. This side and the whole management team at BHAFC deserve our support. I'd like to see anyone try and do better.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We are 12th. Enough said.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
far better than i expected...

bas_savage=legend

Dec 20, 2007
ok but with the team we have i think we should be aiming for play offs but i would be satisfied with our current possition at the end of the season

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Fair to poor.Its the TYPE of football we play that is disappointing.I never really expect us to win anywhere,and if we lose a goal its goodnight.

We have had poor teams in the past,of course we have,but some of this seasons performances have been abject,and the way we have lined up gives you the idea that the management expect to lose,so the option is always deep defence,sadly with low ability defenders.

Sign a striker,stand him up front on his own and pump useless balls in the air in his general direction.

Now,thats entertainment!

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
We've done good so far, going well in two cup competitions and we've been in and around the top 6 for the majority of the season.

:albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much much better than I expected, I hope I'm also proved wrong about my expectations of the season now imploding amidst alleged half hearted and delayed contract talks, more player unrest and lack of funds. :thumbsup:

The signing of Martot and Richards, if the club pull their fingers out, plus a couple of loan players would be excellent though and probably as much as we can realisically hope for.

Playoffs would be fantastic but mid table mediocrity without a relegation scrap would be fine although I fear it would mean a continued drop in crowds with not much to play for.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Against Yeovil we had six former youth team players and ended up with three non-league signings (Loft, Revell, Elder).

Given the financial constraints under which the club operate probably doing slightly better than expected, but without Forster's goals we would be in the relegation zone.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
we've been in and around the top 6 for the majority of the season. :albion2:

I'm not being negative, but i think the slightly glib "we've been in and around the top 6 all season" comment need to be addressed - it's an attitude that's prevalent on NSC and it's used by the "Don't ever have a negative opinion" brigade a lot. The facts are:

We've had 22 matches of the season so far.

We've actually been IN the top 6 on just one occasion.
We've been in 7th on 6 occasions (pretty much all in November)
We've been in 8th three times.
We've been 9th or lower on 12 times.

Looking at our monthly form, our best month was October, when we were ranked as the 4th best team in the Division. But in all the months either side, we were not ranking very highly, and only once (just) in the top 10. We were ranked:

August - 17th
September - 10th
October - 4th
November - 9th
December 22nd

I'm sorry, but we have not been "in and around the top 6". This is not moaning - I'm on record as saying how well we have done given our young squad, low crowds, crap stadium etc etc - these are facts. The "we're a top 6 side this season" folk need to wake up a bit.

The FACT is that we're a mid-table side, doing well with limited resources.

[Source: Football 365 http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/teams/BrightonAndHove.html ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here