Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

How do you think Boris has handled Covid 19 so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Very Good

Votes: 63 25.1%
  • Good

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Average

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 39 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still pop down my corner shop for paper....Is that illegal ? my daily exercise.
You might be must most are not. And I'm delighted to say that it is hurting our shit lying newspapers in the pocket. I hope they (nearly) all go bust.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You might be must most are not. And I'm delighted to say that it is hurting our shit lying newspapers in the pocket. I hope they (nearly) all go bust.

Mine has trebled the amount of puzzles which is something to do. can`t do pub/sport etc so spending a lot less and losing weight !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These are special programmes, not the usual format which goes out at 10.45pm, but is recorded earlier in the evening.

The show today certainly wasn’t recorded yesterday.

I wasn’t saying it was recorded yesterday. You said it’s live. I said it isn’t.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Oh dear. you really have got a problem. Why not like 99.99% of the population get behind the people trying to do their best. The whole world is chasing PPE and testing kits. Yes, some like South Korea and Germany are doing better but I`m sure everyone is doing the best they can with the situation as it is.

Naive. You'll believe whatever's spun for you. Start by comparing how many people in Germany have been tested compared to here and go from there. Our level of testing is a disgrace. Don't worry I'm getting behind people (over 2 metres behind).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wasn’t saying it was recorded yesterday. You said it’s live. I said it isn’t.

If it wasnt live why did Bruce say at the start of the programme people can ask questions live on social media and they would be filtered into the programme and about half way through she asked a question which she said had "just come in online"? :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, after the last couple of pages, are we all agreed on whether the Health Secretary broke his own minimum isolation rules by 1 or 2 days yet :facepalm:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
In one of life's more amusing and indeed satisfying corona virus related developments, I'm delighted to see that shares in the Daily Mail have had millions and millions wiped off their value because nobody is popping out to buy "newspapers".

Funny how they seem terribly keen to hold this crap government to account now that they are being decimated. I would absolutely love to find the British press (as a general collective) was one of the major casualties of this virus. Nothing would please me more than to think half of the publications were put out of business.

The bosses at the highest level are genuinely worried that this could happen. It's been quite the turnaround.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
So, after the last couple of pages, are we all agreed on whether the Health Secretary broke his own minimum isolation rules by 1 or 2 days yet :facepalm:

Hancock said on Friday (via a video on twitter) that he would be isolating himself until Thursday.

It’s a grey area whether “until Thursday” should include Thursday itself!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it wasnt live why did Bruce say at the start of the programme people can ask questions live on social media and they would be filtered into the programme and about half way through she asked a question which she said had "just come in online"? :shrug:

I guess there’s just a slight delay on the transmission, like there used to be with TFI Friday after Shaun Ryder’s swearing, to enable quick edits. This will enable weaving in social media. I just quoted what the BBC website states about the program in the FAQ section, and it says the program isn’t live but recorded in one take as though it was live. If anyone knows I guess it’s the BBC. And further digging says it doesn’t go out live to enable editing in case, due to the nature of the program, they cross any legal boundaries etc.

Either way, I was just highlighting what the BBC state. I know nothing more.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Naive. You'll believe whatever's spun for you. Start by comparing how many people in Germany have been tested compared to here and go from there. Our level of testing is a disgrace. Don't worry I'm getting behind people (over 2 metres behind).

Unbelievable how bereft of thought some folk are isn't it. They'll just suck up anything excreted to them.

Sadly it seems that Johnson snr was spot on when he said the British public were largely stupid.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I'm no fan, and he's clearly not up to the job but, on top of that, the strong suspicion is that he's really suffering with CV19 at present. So, get well soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just watching Trump’s news conference. I’m not Boris’ biggest fan, but God, he is so much better than the Orange Imbecile.

The line about ‘they tell me masks might work but it’s totally voluntary and I’m not going to wear one’.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I guess there’s just a slight delay on the transmission, like there used to be with TFI Friday after Shaun Ryder’s swearing, to enable quick edits. This will enable weaving in social media. I just quoted what the BBC website states about the program in the FAQ section, and it says the program isn’t live but recorded in one take as though it was live. If anyone knows I guess it’s the BBC. And further digging says it doesn’t go out live to enable editing in case, due to the nature of the program, they cross any legal boundaries etc.

Either way, I was just highlighting what the BBC state. I know nothing more.

I think you will find thats the description of the old format, the new format has only been going a few weeks. I suspect they havnt updated the FAQ page on the website yet.
The fact Bruce said at the beginning of the show people could ask live questions on social media to be put into the debate, and at least one was, suggests it was live. Cant see why there would be a delay on question time like TFI, there is no live studio audience and no wasted musicians swearing. It certainly wasnt pre recorded

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So he wants to talk to opposition party leaders weeks into the crisis as we are about to hot peak deaths? Cynical? Me?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has anyone received the letter from Boris yet?

We haven't up here.

I'd rather they concentrated on sourcing and building ventilators rather than clogging an overworked and under staffed Post service.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd rather they concentrated on sourcing and building ventilators rather than clogging an overworked and under staffed Post service.

Yes - I agree. And it's online anyway. It's just that we had that great announcement that 'everyone' would be receiving this letter, and then no-one has. Broken promises again - and so when Hancock and others say that there is tons of PPE out there, and it's now getting to the right places - it makes me tend to believe the front-line staff when they say that they are not receiving it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So he wants to talk to opposition party leaders weeks into the crisis as we are about to hot peak deaths? Cynical? Me?

Maybe something to do with the fact that the opposition party has a credible leader, one who moreover has expressed a keanness to work with the government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here