Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you solve a problem like Poyet?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems to me that if a team is just setting out to stop us, then they've lost half the battle already. If they're changing their own game just to cope with us, then already they're handing over the initiative. As Gus so eloquently put it "We are Brighton, we play one way" - he leaves it to the opposition to worry about us, rather than setting us up to stifle them.

Mind you, its worth remembering we havn't come up against the "Southampton Style (c)" yet.
Cor, that'll be scary.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stay tight on Dicker and Bennett, defend deep, clatter Murray early (and keep at him).

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
When we have the ball at the back you have to virtually man mark our back 4. We have loads of options because everyone is comfortable on the ball, and our midfield movement is so good.

I agree with other posters that you have to try not to worry too much what we do and try and play to your own strengths.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Pick two out and out wingers and give the full backs something to think about.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`d go for our weak spot...............

where was that exactly ?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Flood the midfield, Stifle the wings by double teaming on LuaLua & Bennett whenever they come forward. Don't give Caldi & Painter the space to move out of their own half.
Try & wind up Murray, Greer & anyone else whos been a bit volatile in the past
At set pieces try & force Ankergren into errors, Close Brighton down at all times.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think I would chase down our defenders, preventing them from playing the little triangles. Sooner or later Ankergren would have to hoof it long...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Attack us and play the same game rather than defend, have a left winger to occupy Calderon and try and put us on the back foot.

Like Peterborough and Charlton tried to? :lol:

Stumpy Tim

3-4-3, which can easily translate to a 5-4-1 when needed. The aim is to push the full-backs right back removing that outlet. This means the 2 wide men upfront need to stay wide & almost mark the full-backs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here