Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you see next season panning out?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Leeds a big club! Don't make me laugh. They haven't won anything for ages and they are about to sell the family silver.

The last BIG player they had was Cantona

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Dover said:
Leeds a big club! Don't make me laugh. They haven't won anything for ages and they are about to sell the family silver.

A club that attracts crowds of 35,000 to 40,000 on a regular basis (despite the fact that they haven't won anything for ages) is a big club in my book. What criteria do you use?

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I remember looking at the league 2 seasons ago and thinking we should be alright. Looking at the table for this season,Its frightening.

Its imperative that we pick up points from the teams that will probably be towards the botttom of the league (one of our downfalls of two seasons ago), and we must maintain our inpressive home form. If this happens, I think we will be ok.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Legend said:
I remember looking at the league 2 seasons ago and thinking we should be alright. Looking at the table for this season,Its frightening.

Its imperative that we pick up points from the teams that will probably be towards the botttom of the league (one of our downfalls of two seasons ago), and we must maintain our inpressive home form. If this happens, I think we will be ok.

I agree to some extent but I think the key thing to remember is that all of these clubs, no matter how impressive their history, are in this division for a reason. They are not here because they are really good but got unlucky, they are in this league, like Brighton, because that is what their ability deserves.
We should fear nodoby.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
The Laughing Bluebird said:
A club that attracts crowds of 35,000 to 40,000 on a regular basis (despite the fact that they haven't won anything for ages) is a big club in my book. What criteria do you use?

Will they attract that this year and next year if they have not won promotion? ??? :wave:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Richie Morris said:
I agree to some extent but I think the key thing to remember is that all of these clubs, no matter how impressive their history, are in this division for a reason. They are not here because they are really good but got unlucky, they are in this league, like Brighton, because that is what their ability deserves.
We should fear nodoby.

Fair point Richie.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
TC said:
Will they attract that this year and next year if they have not won promotion? ??? :wave:

Who knows? But, in terms of attendances, Leeds United are currently the 11th biggest club in the history of the Football League. That makes them a 'big club' as far as I'm concerned.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Who knows? But, in terms of attendances, Leeds United are currently the 11th biggest club in the history of the Football League. That makes them a 'big club' as far as I'm concerned.

How about in terms of silverware?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the Albion's season will pan out as the usual game-of-three-halves; grim start earlydoors, dig deep for a series of unlikely wins in the mud of Withdean during the monsoon season, and a grandstand death-or-glory charge at the finish. Just how we like it aye?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tom Hark said:
Reckon the Albion's season will pan out as the usual game-of-three-halves; grim start earlydoors, dig deep for a series of unlikely wins in the mud of Withdean during the monsoon season, and a grandstand death-or-glory charge at the finish. Just how we like it aye?

I want the first half of the season to fly by now, cant wait for the last dozen games.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Tom Hark said:

Ahh yes spot on its like it every time we go up into this league the first season is one hell of a dog fight this year espically with the end of season run in playing our last 4 home games against teams how should be in the promotion hunt and the last four away matches against teams who should be in the relegation fight.

Albion fans never have a boring sesason:clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think it will be as bad as last time, however, i think we will win 5 games at home and 3 games away, we will draw 5 games.

Win

Preston Home
Notts Forest Home
Rotherham Home
Ipswich Home
Sunderland Home

Coventry Away
Gillingham Away
Sunderland Away

Draw

Gillingham Home
West Ham Home
Reading Home

I think we will lose the rest. 27 points:eek:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That is very pessimistic. 27 points is unlikely as I do not think one team will fall well adrift in this division unlike Wimbledon and Bradford last year. We need to win our home games against fellow strugglers. We only got 1 point from Grimsby, 2 points from Sheff Wed and none from Stoke, Walsall, Wimbledon last time. Losing at home to Walsall, Gillingham, Stoke and Grimsby and away to Wimbledon and Rotherham, during our run of twelve consecutive defeats, relegated us. We need to ensure that does not happen again and I think with McGhee in charge and three or four new signings, which will happen, we have a good chance of staying up.

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I dont think it will be as bad as last time, however, i think we will win 5 games at home and 3 games away, we will draw 5 games.

Win

Preston Home
Notts Forest Home
Rotherham Home
Ipswich Home
Sunderland Home

Coventry Away
Gillingham Away
Sunderland Away

Draw

Gillingham Home
West Ham Home
Reading Home

Please can you be more specific?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
dave the gaffer said:

Win

Preston Home
Notts Forest Home
Rotherham Home
Ipswich Home
Sunderland Home

Coventry Away
Gillingham Away
Sunderland Away

Draw

Gillingham Home
West Ham Home
Reading Home

You don't think it will be as bad as last time? we got a darn sight more than 27 points last time Dave! :dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Buzza said:
You don't think it will be as bad as last time? we got a darn sight more than 27 points last time Dave! :dunce:

Just as long as we're not stuck on 4 points after 14 games :eek:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It will depend on who we sign, although the squad we have at the moment will never give up as last season proved.

Two years ago I'm sure most people would have said consolidation in Div 1 was the priority as promotion is not something that happens very often. The team proved that to be wrong, but to be honest I don't think another relegation would be good for the Albion.

If we stay up I shall be over the moon. Time will tell................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here