Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you see next season panning out?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think we will stay up.

McGhee is a canny manager and is biding his time signing wise. Someone else said it on another thread and I agree completely, it is better that he takes his time and makes sure he gets the right player (s) and value for money rather then panic buy.

I also trust McGhee to keep getting the best out of our current players and I expect Mayo and Piercy to pick up their games next season.

It is important that the supporters do not expect too much from the team. We were defensive in the second division so there will be lots of times at Withdean when we will sit back and defend in the hope for a point. It is crucial that the fans realise these tactics are not only realistic, but for the good of the team and is McGhee playing to our strengths. Yes the Wolves home game was great but how bad were we against Walsall, Stoke, Grimsby and Wednesday at home? A bit more shrewd tactics here would have seen us stay up.

The team is better then it was last time and is a better unit with the right blend of youth and experience. I think we need a new striker to play regularly with Leon but I also expect Robinson to play a bigger part and come off the bench a lot more.

If we stay up that will be a great season for us but if we go down it will not be all bad. The only thing that matters is Falmer. Until people lower their expectations about the fiancial ability of this club then they will not stop moaning. We did very well to get up and we should have a year of enjoying that...hell, our fans deserve a bit of a party.

Keep the faith. We will stay up and even if I am wrong (again) and we do not, then it is not all bad.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
here here!

i actually believe we have a slight chance - more than last time! but if we go down, its not the end of the world. im just gonna enjoy it.

positionwise, id take anything out of the bottom 3

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully we will have enough to avoid the drop. It won't be pretty and I expect we'll get some thumpings. It's gonna be much better than last season where I hardly saw a team worth the entrance money all season and we were equally as dire most of the time. Some good youngsters coming through and a few old hands coming back coupled with a few new faces gives me some optimism.

Just look at the fixture list - exciting and terrifying at the same time:clap2: :clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think this team has the hunger and fighting qualities to stay up, the youngsters will be eager to impress with some biggish teams in this division. The old hands (Cullip, Butters, Chippy) will fight to the very end, we saw that last time around. Knight will be relied on heavily to score us some goals and we all know he can do that. The key is McGhee, he will get everything out of his players and has the mental strength to ignore the bullshit and get on with the job in hand (as seen last season).

We've just got to keep the support levels up and let the boys know that we think they can do it (even if someof us don't).

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
To have any hope in hell they need to chase everything and not look lazy and dis-interested like most of last season and learn to pass and have midfielders scoring and half a dozen other things???

Pan out seriously we have zero chance and thats my opion unless a miracle of new players arrives.:clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I cant f*ckin wait for the new season. We are going surprise a few teams along the way and not just on the pitch. I cannot wait to go to places like the New Den and Upton Park and sing for 90 minutes.

"We've got the best fans, in the land"

I am saving a special evenings shouting for Elland Road:

"You're not a big club anymore...you've got no money anymore"

Only one way of summing it up really...Marvellous Scenes!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll do all right,BRING THEM ALL ON.:clap2:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Richie Morris said:
I cant f*ckin wait for the new season. We are going surprise a few teams along the way and not just on the pitch. I cannot wait to go to places like the New Den and Upton Park and sing for 90 minutes.

"We've got the best fans, in the land"

I am saving a special evenings shouting for Elland Road:

"You're not a big club anymore...you've got no money anymore"

Only one way of summing it up really...Marvellous Scenes!

Idiot :angry: :angry: :angry:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
There's no doubt next season will be a struggle, but I think we will stay up. After all, to do that we only need be better than three other teams

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think this team has the hunger and fighting qualities to stay up, the youngsters will be eager to impress with some biggish teams in this division. The old hands (Cullip, Butters, Chippy) will fight to the very end, we saw that last time around. Knight will be relied on heavily to score us some goals and we all know he can do that. The key is McGhee, he will get everything out of his players and has the mental strength to ignore the bullshit and get on with the job in hand (as seen last season).

We've just got to keep the support levels up and let the boys know that we think they can do it (even if someof us don't).

Took the words out of my mouth.

I still think McGhee will also get a couple of canny loan singings as well.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ernest said:
Please name those three teams

Rotherham
Burnley
Gillingham
Stoke City
Coventry City
Derby County

I can see all of these getting involved in a relegation scrap. Lets be honest here, how much talent to these squads actually have?
Teams will be looking at us and think Roberts, Knight and Cullip are all handy with good reputations.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Richie Morris said:
I am saving a special evenings shouting for Elland Road: "You're not a big club anymore...you've got no money anymore"

For a club with no money, Leeds United seem to have been spending plenty of it recently. Meanwhile, Brighton & Hove Albion have spent absolutely nothing.

Perhaps you'd better wait and see how your season shapes up before you start planning which clubs you are going to take the piss out of.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Richie Morris said:
Rotherham
Burnley
Gillingham
Stoke City
Coventry City
Derby County

I can see all of these getting involved in a relegation scrap. Lets be honest here, how much talent to these squads actually have?
Teams will be looking at us and think Roberts, Knight and Cullip are all handy with good reputations.

And all those teams were comfortably better than us last time and we had a stronger team then :angry: :angry: :angry:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Laughing Bluebird said:
For a club with no money, Leeds United seem to have been spending plenty of it recently. Meanwhile, Brighton & Hove Albion have spent absolutely nothing.

Perhaps you'd better wait and see how your season shapes up before you start planning which clubs you are going to take the piss out of.

Leeds could beat us 5v0 and Id still sing that to them. We do not pretend we are a big club. A few seasons ago they were playing the Champions League Semi Final and next season they will be playing at Withdean. That is enough to warrant a piss taking.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Richie Morris said:
Leeds could beat us 5v0 and Id still sing that to them. We do not pretend we are a big club. A few seasons ago they were playing the Champions League Semi Final and next season they will be playing at Withdean. That is enough to warrant a piss taking.

Leeds don't pretend to be a big club either. They ARE a big club.

You are going to take the piss out of Leeds because they will have to play at Withdean once, and yet you will have to play at Withdean on at least twenty three occasions.

How does that work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here