Votes: 85 35.6%

Votes: 107 44.8%

Votes: 19 7.9%

Votes: 13 5.4%

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
8 - Mainly because for the first manager in years, we have a manager willing to show some tactical flexibility. I know it's only one performance but it took him ONE GAME to work out CMS' strengths and pick a system to suit them. One game...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kayal his only permanent signing = encouraging for the Summer!

3 or 4 more players of his quality across the park and we're playoffs-bound next season. He is MUSTARD.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
10 so far.

Transformed the side and fortunes, without spending too much money.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I said this in a previous thread but the point still stands: I rate Hughton because he's given me hope. Under SH there was always a churning unrest in my gut before games. None of that under CH. Now, when I get to the Amex I firmly believe we can hold our own against most teams.

Leeds and Birmingham (apart from the leaky defence) only served to intensify that hope. He will keep us up and, with a good summer window, he could get us right in the mix next season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've gone for 7/10 assuming 5 or 6 is average and he is currently slightly ahead of the game. Had I assessed it after the Forest game I would've been less positive but I really liked his logic and courage in starting with CMS on Tuesday. It shows he has more than a planA and B.
Going to be very interesting to see what he does with the squad during the summer. Can we replace Texeira? Will we keep Macca against all odds? Will we buy Bennett before he slips through our fingers? Will he sell Greer and/or Dunk? What will he do about the legend that is Inigo Calderon?
In fact that last one could define Hughton to the fan base............

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm an 8.

I've seen enough now to complete convince me he knows what he wants.

He goes out and get's Kayal who looks like the EXACT type of midfielder we needed. That guy could be a truly STUNNING piece of business.

He starts CMS and Baldock on Tuesday, clearly targetting something he's spotted as a weak point in the Leeds team and what do you know, Leeds looks all over the place with those two buzzing around snapping at their heels.

Considering the absolute shitstorm he took over he has done a really good job in settling things down. I am genuinely excited that IF we stay up he knows what we need to get ourselves back to where we were previously.

I won't bring nationality into it as it doesn't matter if they are british, irish, finish, spanish etc....but I did feel after Gus, Oscar and Sami (2 of whom I was big fans), we did need to have a period under a guy who, and I hate to send like a generic football fan, "knew the league".

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Because;
Says the right things
Gets the team playing to their strengths within a style rather than just a system
Already seems to have a good understanding of the squad
Able to adapt to events on the pitch
Signed Kayal

I think we're finally seeing what everyone has asked for...........Patient possession football mixed with direct attacking play.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was going for 8, but nudged it up to 9 at the last minute. He's certainly stopped the rot, we no longer look in the least likely to be relegated, and we seem to have turned a corner - with substantially the same players as before.
I'm happy with him, anyway, so 9 from me, no worries.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I've gone for a 7. He has steadied the ship and we look to have turned the corner if the last 2 games are anything to go by and we played with real confidence on Tuesday.

Signing Kayal is a master stroke and I think we got Best as he was perhaps all we could get without paying silly money before the summer.

He will have a big job on his hands again in the summer though, as assuming we don't retain any of the loan players (worst case scenario) we will need around 7 or 8 new signings.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
3 or 4 more players of his quality across the park and we're playoffs-bound next season. He is MUSTARD.

Btw as u Prob noticed on watching the highlights, Baldock was indeed behind CMS for the first goal ;)

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
7 from me. It's still relatively early days but the signs are promising. He's made good a lot of the crap initiated by Hyypia and is fielding teams to deal with specific oppositions. The players seem to want to play for him and seem well motivated. Kayal is a revelation but the jury is firmly out regarding his decision making re: Best, especially with COG being undeservedly currently placed on the sidelines. Tex is just sublime and it is great that we currently have two skilful ball playing midfielders. His use of CMS to stretch the Leeds defence was inspired although CMS himself continues to please and frustrate in equal measure. God has also done well in midfield and Bruno clearly feels more comfortable with God playing in front of him. I would like to think that the current management team will go from strength to strength and remain with the club for a good few years. We need to get on an upward trajectory and managerial competence and stability will be an an important component in achieving this. If the present progress is continued my 7 will be an 8 by the end of the season.

all of that....plus i think some his substitutions are a bit suspect

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Going OK - 3 or 4 more wins and we can begin to relax and plan for next season. Squad needs an overhaul and the whole club can move forward. UTA

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Don 't know if this has already been posted- but I did some basic maths tonight and worked out that in the 11 league games we have played since Hyypia went we have gained 18 points - ave of 1.6 per match. If this had been our ave per game for the season so far we would now be on 54 pts and in 8th place (I know this does include the 2 games when NJ had the team). Also interesting to note that under Hyypia we were averaging only 0.8 per game which would now put us on 28 pts and 3rd from bottom. Bodes well for next season me thinks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here