Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do I get over a break up?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just broken up with long term mrs and am in a bad way. Gutted. When I drink I get well emotional so am a bit warey of getting cat weaselled every day like Ive been doing so far.

Any suggetsions?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right you buy a time machine ...... well it worked for me !:lol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Weve all been there mate, best thing to do is keep busy and throw yourslef into something time consuming - how about watching the albion in every game including reserve fictures !

Seriously though - keeping busy is the key

Keep the faith

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pay £30 and join something like DatingDirect.

Within days you'll have virtual strangers giving you a blowjob on your couch hours after meeting them, thus making your current pain seem light years away (this scenario is based on an account given to me by a friend)...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
cheers Wilko.
Am jam packed with stuff to do at the moment, am interviewing the thrills next week and Beyonce when she plays in Sheffield..should take my mind off things.
Sob...sob...sob.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Don't be tempted into another relationship. Just take time out and chill for a bit. Drink, watch footy and be generally care free for a while.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just take each day as it comes. Avoid (if you can) listening to music or going to places that remind you of her. Talk to your friends, arrange a boy's night out, throw yourself into your work or failing that change jobs, try and do something you've always wanted to do but couldn't because you were in a relationship

It is hard because you're not doing things on your own, you're doing them 'without her'. DON'T get drunk, well ok, once or twice then but don't make a habit of it - although the pain is numbed when you're pissed it's twice as bad the next day.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Keep your chin up Richie - we have all been there mate, hurts like hell. Thought id lost 'the one' but recently got married to someone else and am very happy.
You will meet someone else, I got myself an extra job in a pub, helped take my mind off things as I was so knackered all the time and I got to meet new people and broaden my horizons.
Good luck, you will come out stronger.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Cheers everyone.
Know what you mean about the music...walked into Mc Donalds in Hull and take thats 'back for good' came on...the last thing I needed, was close to crying in my big mac. Still, had a marathon of the jams greatest hits and 'going underground' never sounded so good!

Still...am gutted. On a mass pub crawl with rugby team tomorrow that takes in 19 pubs...am going to have to hide my mobile before I go out I think...

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I split up my my lady of 3 years a few months ago. Got over it by hanging out with my mates and womanising and catching up with people i hadn't seen for a long while.

Go and pull a few other ladies - it soon gets your confidence up and you'll be 'i don't need her'.

Meanwhile, try not to contact your ex - you need some time apart (that's if you were planning to be friends with her) and don't rush into another relationship like i did. Ended up pulling a really stunning girl who was the complete opposite of my ex. However, instead of being a bitch i now find she boring as f***!

Enjoy your time being single - you have a chance to live your life solely for you - make the most of it, cos you don't know how long it will last! :drink: :clap2:

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Go on tele and ask the expert for help,

kilroy_01.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would love to go out womanising, but have absolutely no confidence now at all..not sure I could even chat ta a bird now without feeling insignificant. Sounds tragic I know but right now I pretty much hate myself and dont see why anyone else would think otherwise.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
consume some hard drvgs.Everything will be fantastic for a couple of hours,after that don't come here for advice.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Place a personal ad. Here's a handy dictionary...

WOMEN'S ADS
40-ish.....................49
Adventurer.................Slept with all your friends
Athletic...................No tits
Average looking............Face like a basset hound
Beautiful..................Pathological liar
Contagious Smile...........Does a lot of Ecstasy
Educated.................. Banged her professors
Emotionally Secure.........Medicated
Feminist...................Fat ballbuster
Free spirit................Junkie
Friendship first...........Trying to live down reputation as a slut
Fun........................Annoying
Gentle......................Comatose
Good Listener.............. Borderline Autistic
New-Age.....................All body hair, all the time
Old-fashioned...............Lights out, missionary position only, no BJs
Open-minded.................Desperate
Outgoing....................Loud and Embarrassing
Passionate..................Sloppy drunk
Poet........................Depressive Schizophrenic
Professional................Certified Bitch
Redhead.....................Bad dye-job
Reubenesque.................Grossly Fat
Romantic....................Looks better by candlelight
Social......................Has been passed around like an hors d'oeuvres tray
Voluptuous..................Very Fat
Weight proportion w/ height....Hugely Fat, as tall as you are wide
Wants Soulmate..............Stalker
Widow.......................Drove first husband to shoot himself
Young at heart..............Old bat

MEN'S ADS
40-ish..................52 and looking for 25-yr-old
Athletic................Watches a lot of NASCAR
Average looking.........Unusual hair growth on ears, nose, & back
Educated................Will patronize the shit out of you
Free Spirit.............Banging your sister
Friendship first........As long as friendship involves nookie
Fun.....................Good with a remote and a six pack
Good looking............Arrogant
Very good looking.......Dumb as a board
Honest.................Pathological Liar
Huggable...............Overweight, more body hair than a bear
Likes to cuddle.........Insecure mama's boy
Mature..................Older than your father
Open-minded.............Wants to sleep with your roommate but she's not interested
Physically fit..........Does a lot of 12-ounce curls
Poet................... Wrote ex-girlfriend's # on a bathroom stall
Sensitive...............Cries at chick flicks
Very sensitive..........Gay
Spiritual.............. Got laid in a cemetery once
Stable................. Arrested for stalking, but not convicted
Thoughtful..............Says "Excuse me" when he farts

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
It'll be cool in time - as has been said, just keep busy and over time things will get better. I don't think there is such a thing as 'the one', there's always something else around the corner if you go for it, something different and more interesting. And at the end of the day, if they were 'the one' then it wouldn't have ended. The concept of 'the one' is lazy, if you ask me, it's about giving up, You're not a quitter, so I know in a year's time you'll have had all sorts of experiences you couldn't have had otherwise - and you're young - so young! It'll all be cool.

Onewards and upwards!

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's natural not to have any confidence. That's why you have to go out with your mates first and get drunk to build it up. Just do the things you love doing and remember all the reasons your better off without her/too good for her.

If you've got any female friends go to them for sympathy - girls love heaping it on you and there'll always be one who had been harbouring a crush or has a mate that will like you. It's your turn to use and abuse them now! :lol:

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Right now I couldnt feel more like the bloke form High Fidelity of I tried...you know, imgaining her banging someone new etc even though Im sure she isnt.

Need a new bird and now, how do I get one ..I have forgotten?

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
JUST HELPED MY BROTHER THROUGH SIMILAR SORT OF THING, IT IS GOING TO BE HARD. THE BEST THING TO DO IS GET OUT WITH YOUR MATES A LOT GET DRUNK AND PUT YOURSELF OUT ON THE SINGLES MARKET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

ME AND MY COUSIN CHIPPED IN AND PAID FOR MY BRO TO GO WITH A HOOKER!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here