Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How different is your record collection ?

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I have nearly filled an 800 cd rack so I won't be listing them all on here. My favourite music is basically Rock, at the moment stuff like Razorlight, The Killers, Kasabian, Kings Of Leon. My CD collection is full of other stuff like The Smiths, The Jam, Queen, and other classics, a little bit of Heavy Metal, Punk, and your pop/rock like Keane, Snow Patrol etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Led Zep,Pink Flloyd, genesis, supertramp, queen, thin lizzy, wishbone ash, santana, sex pistols, marillion, clash, buzzcocks, Siouxsie and the Banchees, the jam, marley, black uhuru, shabba ranks, third world, average white band, eagles, janis joplin, yes, cream, rolling stones, robbie williams, michael buble, lamar, slade, trex........and on and on and on

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I've got about 3000 vinyl and 500 CDs, most of it 'black' music (is that a good way to describe it?) from soul, jazz and hip hop through to house and drum n bass. But lots of techno and acid in there, too. Plus Coldplay, The Cure, Oasis, U2, Style Council, Haircut100, Stranglers, ELO etc. Pretty eclectic.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
within a stash of over 1000 LP's, 400 CD's and 300 odd singleswe have a soul section (proper Northern, stax mottown etc) lots of Rock, a blues section, 60's psychedelia, Reggae/ska/studio1/bluebeat, a 70's rock/prog/funk, disco bit, newer stuff like 90's and 00's we have a substantial new wave stash too even some Jazz and the odd classical, pretty much a bit of everything from Django Reindhart to the Kings of Leo, from Air to Zappa.

all on its own however is Hooray for the Salvation Army Band by Bill Cosby
:clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have northern soul and ska like the specials but also house music like Norman Cook and Armand Van Helden.

I have indie guitar music a plenty but also chilled stuff like Massive Attack and Air.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Make of it what you will, but we have three CD players in the house. Currently they have in them:

1. Holsts planet suite
2. Jet - Get born
3. McFly

Must point out that number 3 is owned by a 12 year old.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Just the usual stuff: Dvorak, Beethoven, Verdi, Frank Sinatra, Billie Holliday, Sonic Youth, Gang of Four, the Clash, Black Uhuru, Ray Charles, Sex Pistols, Outkast, Led Zeppelin, Love, the Fall, 13th Floor Elevators, the Birthday Party, Three Mustaphas Three, Andy Williams, Roni Size, Sigur Ros, Buena Vista Social Club, JAMC, Duke Ellington, Sex Gang Children, Michael Nyman, and about 750 others in between.

On the other hand, anyone who tries to plant anything by Joss Stone and her ilk anywhere near my collection, thus infecting it terminally, WILL be taken out and shot.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Similar to a few on here, mainly rock and indie-based: Led Zep, The Who, The Jam, The Pixies, Super Furries, Stone Roses, Manics, Queen, U2, REM, Razorlight, The Libertines etc.

But I also have little collections of CD's that represent periodic diversions into other music styles; Faithless, Underworld, Kanye West, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Sir Edward Elgar and others.

Try and have music for every occasion in my collection.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Record collection was it? Hmm....

just a few:

Rasco, Company Flow, Copywrite, Ty, Dilated Peoples, Cannibal Ox, Def Squad, Onyx, Smut Peddlers, High & Mighty, Blak Twang, Braintax, Eastern Conference Allstars, Foreign Beggars... the list goes on.

Mainly hip-hop though...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ranges from Joss Stone, Alfie, Super Furries, Roni Size, Ed Rush and Optical, Snoop, Jay Z, Gangstarr, ATCQ, Asian Dub Foundation, Dizzee Rascal, The Streets...

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
in the words of Alan Partridge-

"my record collection is very eclectic , anything from Chris Rea to Dire Strates"

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Lots of Hed Kandi, Defected, then on to Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Robbie Williams. Prefab Sprout, Deacon Blue, Eurythmics, Erasure, R Kelly, Lauryn Hill, Madonna, Michael Jackson,Oasis, U2,Faithless, REM, Kylie, Fatboy Slim, Blur, Pet Shop Boys, Sade, Will Young, David Bowie, Trainspotting soundtrack, Bob Marley, UB40 in fact lots of strange stuff.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I can't see how it's possible to stick to buying one genre. Would be just soooo boring...

Went and had a bit of a spend up in Fopp yesterday -

Pink Floyd (The Wall DVD)
The Zutons
Groove Armada (Doin it After Dark 2 - mix comp.)
Kings of Leon (New one)
Gwen Stefani (very good - bit lovey-dovey late on)
Snoop Doggy Dogg (new album - very good, quality beats)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here