Votes: 11 27.5%
  • I'm smug because my car is too young to need an MOT

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
Dave you have not got a Clio as featrured on watchdog last night have you.

No a 53 Megane

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The thing about an MOT is that it's no guarantee that your car is equipped for the road any more.

For example, even if you have no brake pads, most modern cars will still pass an MOT as they'll brake within the required distance.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mine's being done right now. It's a tense and difficult day for all concerned. At least this time it's a garage that I'm solemnly assured that I can trust...let's see.

Can anyone give me some advice on touch up one's paintwork? The plasticky stuff from the front bumper is all peeling off and looks shit.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I thought I was the only person who ever failed on headlight alignment, because I once drove my car into the wall of a police station, and they've been dodgy ever since.

I'm glad I'm not.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Man of Harveys said:
Mine's being done right now. It's a tense and difficult day for all concerned. At least this time it's a garage that I'm solemnly assured that I can trust...let's see.

Can anyone give me some advice on touch up one's paintwork? The plasticky stuff from the front bumper is all peeling off and looks shit.
And my beloved little VW has passed at a piffling cost of £20, plus the test. Germans last longer...:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I've got to put my 1990 GOLF through its mot next week. NOT looking forward to it.

And with almost precision timing, some little RUNT has kicked both wing mirrors so they are sort of hanging off. Well I definately can't use them at the moment anyway.

Anyone have any idea how much they should cost to put right? Obviously they are not electric!

SAKE

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I once took a Corsa I had to the Network Q garage on Fleming Way in Crawley for an MOT. They failed it and said the brake compensator needed replacing, which would cost about £400 to fix.

I called another garage, a little place in Balcombe, for a quote: they told me it would be closer to £200 so I booked it in with them.

When I went to pick it up, they said the brake compensator hadn't needed replacing, only freeing up where it had seized. They did that, charged me about £20 for the effort, which I thought was very reasonable, and gave me the car back, MOT passed.

Network Q :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here