Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did you propose to your other half?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I asked her father first, and then, with his approval, broached the matter with the present Mrs Titanic (can't remember the details of the location/wording etc...). For some reason we agreed to get 'officially' engaged on New Years Day (which was a few weeks away) and ended up with our picture in the Worthing Gazette and Herald.

This was January 1986.

It was the first and only time for me... so far ;)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I cooked a nice romantic meal. There was food, there was wine, there was flowers and there was candle light, and just as I reached into my pocket to take out the ring, she blew out the candles and exclaimed “phwoar it’s a bit hot in here”
It’s a romantic tale I’m sure you’ll all agree.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On the anniversary of our first date, we went on the London Eye and I proposed when we were at the very top. Fortunately, she said yes. That was in May 2000.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
My Mrs proposed to me. It was my xmas present. She had made a nice little booklet. The honeymoon was a bit of a wash out. Our Home game against Northampton was postponed :(

I went to propose at Lisbon's castle, great city, romantic place.

But she pissed me so much shoe shopping and resulting agruments I couldn't be arsed. 6 years later we are still not married.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I went to propose at Lisbon's castle, great city, romantic place.

But she pissed me so much shoe shopping and resulting agruments I couldn't be arsed. 6 years later we are still not married.

This brilliant. Proof that romance is not dead.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Flew her to Scotland for a romantic weekend, and proposed from a viewpoint overlooking the Isle of Ewe, which - when you say it out loud, sounds like "I love you" - geddit.

Thankfully she saw past the bad pun and said yes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somewhere here, 3 years ago, is the saga of my proposal.
In order of asking:-
NSC
Her father (not for traditional reasons, he just happened to be here)
Then wifey.

At the entry gate of Arundel castle, after we'd watched Romeo & Juliet.
She said yes, I jumped on my push bike, shot off down the hill, not seeing her again till cycling through the Macdonalds drive through.

True Romance.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mrs Marsh peered into a jewellery shop window and jokingly said oooh thats nice....so i said do you want it !
Job done. Never actually asked/proposed really !

We had been together for 8 years by then i suppose, so we were effectively married anyway.

She proposed to me on February 29th and I told her to get knotted!!

Later the same year I took her to Majorca - went on a pedallo into the bay at Soller and told her if she didn't say yes I would throw her to the sharks :angel::angel:

Romantic of course but there are times I wonder if the sharks missed a treat :annoyed:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Mate of mine is hated by all my other mates and loved by all their girlfriends. It was at night and he rang his girlfriend to say that his battery in his car was flat and could she come and help him. She gets there, attaches jump leads to his car from her car. At the sound of his engine starting up it connected to a load of neon lights behind the car hanging on the tree which said "Julie, will you marry me?". Damn romantic fool. None of the girls thought he was a "catch" until he did that. He'll pay, don't you worry.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Mate of mine is hated by all my other mates and loved by all their girlfriends. It was at night and he rang his girlfriend to say that his battery in his car was flat and could she come and help him. She gets there, attaches jump leads to his car from her car. At the sound of his engine starting up it connected to a load of neon lights behind the car hanging on the tree which said "Julie, will you marry me?". Damn romantic fool. None of the girls thought he was a "catch" until he did that. He'll pay, don't you worry.

That's so sweet!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I asked her father first, and then, with his approval, broached the matter with the present Mrs Titanic (can't remember the details of the location/wording etc...). For some reason we agreed to get 'officially' engaged on New Years Day (which was a few weeks away) and ended up with our picture in the Worthing Gazette and Herald.

This was January 1986.

It was the first and only time for me... so far ;)

I was born 3rd January 86.

Are you my Dad?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Got hammered at Malaga airport whilst delayed for a flight back to the UK - i'd been living over there and her holidays were spent visiting me mostly for long weekends lazing in the sun. She proclaimed that next year she wanted a proper holiday, 2 weeks away from everything. I fancied the Maldives but couldn't afford to do it more than once so we agreed that marriage was a good excuse for a decent holiday - that was Oct 2006, we were married in April 2007. Low key wedding, f***ing great party and a lovely 2 weeks all inc in the Maldives. Junior Scooter was born Boxing Day just gone - its all worked out lovely thanks!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here