Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
As I've said about 30 times....

The Argus
The Goldstone
The BBC
Southern FM

and many more sources informed me of the original NSC, and it was velly good.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
An alien came down and landed on my office window sill and told me about this site.

Actually, he didn't, but an equally alien-eqsue work colleague pointed me in this direction when I wanted friendly pub advice.

Errrrrmm......can't remember. Think it was various references in Argus stories, yes, it must have been that.

D

Deleted User X18H

A tramp who dribbles round by the Duke of Yorks told me about it

hove born&bred said:
A tramp who dribbles round by the Duke of Yorks told me about it

It's a dodgy area around there and no mistake. I guess as soon as you've sold enough insurance you'll be looking to move on?

Jul 20, 2003
d) other

The bookie near my old place of work in Eastbourne office was offering a blatantly over generous 18-1 (win only) on us to win Div 3 and I duly sought out somewhere appropriate to spread the word.

A few days later we signed BZ, a few months later anyone who listened to me was holding folding

mind you, we couldn't do pictures then

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yorkie posted a link on the official site

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It really is quite a story actually.

One evening, I was looking for the remote control. Couldn't find it anywhere, so in desperation I ended up reaching down the back of the sofa and digging around amongst the lining to try to find it. I didn't find the remote control (that turned up later in the washing basket). However, what I DID find down the back of my sofa was a very old, unused bar of Imperial Leather soap. It was covered in fluff, but the unmistakable red Imperial Leather sticker was still intact, although it looked as though it had been shifted and replaced, as it wasn't quite sitting exactly within its little rectangular depression.

This aroused my curiosity, so I took the bar of soap to the kitchen, ran it under the tap, and carefully lifted the Imperial Leather label off of the bar of soap with some tweezers. There, beneath the label, was a series of shapes and symbols that had been unmistakenly and deliberately carved into the soap with great care and attention to detail. It was a rectangle, with a border within it, and an oblong shape in the top left corner. There was also an 'x' near the middle but slightly to the right. I couldn't really make head nor tail of what this meant, and spent several days pondering it. Eventually, out of frustration more than anything, I gave up, put the soap in the draw, and forgot about it.

Then, months later one one summers afternoon, I went back to that draw looking for something else, and happened across my mysterious bar of soap and its curious shapes and symbols. I took it out and regarded it again, and then all at once it suddenly struck me - the shapes and symbols were actually an overhead MAP of my back garden. I couldn't believe it hadn't occurred to me before, but the shapes and lines were unmistakable and it looked exactly to scale. The oblong shape was my shed at the back, and the border was my wood-chip border around the perimeter. Noticing the 'x' once again, it seemed to be telling me that something was buried there.

Soap in hand, I went to my shed, fetched a trowel, and started digging where I estimated the 'x' was on the map of my garden. It was hard work - the summer had been good that year, and the ground was baked rock hard. Eventually, my trowel hit upon something which sounded metallic. With my excitement growing, I dug around the object and pulled it out of the ground. It was a tin cigar box with a picture of a cowboy on the lid. It looked old, like it was from the 50's or 60's. I opened it up, and to my amazement found that it was.......completely empty. I was GUTTED.

I never did find out who carved the map in the soap, or why. But that same day I dug up the cigar box, I stumbled across North Stand Chat via the official website I think. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here