Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did you choose your kids names ?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
they are family names or names we liked. we never pick names before baby is born and wait to meet him/her nad go from there. i would have liked to call francesca something else but she didnt seem like anything but a francesca.

callum patrick - callum we liked and he is patrick after me.

francesca rose - first name after st frances of rome and rose is after her great grandmother and grandmother.

anastasia lily - anastasia because we liked it and lily after her great grandmother.

romilly estelle (she was named and received a birth certificate as isadora first! ) but we saw sense and dropped isadora. romilly we just liked and estelle because it means star.

the new baby is a boy and is nameless. currently known as boo but that wont be sticking.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No idea how I got my christian name (although I do know it came down to a choice between the name I actually got and being called Kevin), but my middle name is the same as that of my Dad and my Grandad, and was also the Christian name of one of my great-grandads.

As I'll never be having kids, I've not given a lot of thought to how I'd go about naming them.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Emily after my Great Grandma, Dianne after my best friend who died when I was pregnant, Albion - say no more, Joy after my late Mum. She was due in the week between Donny Rovers at home & Hereford away, so it had to be relevent!

Now aged 10, she loves it & hates it when school or anyone else gets her name wrong!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Junior was named after the hotel we stayed in on our honeymoon and Mini was just a joint decision.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Arthur has his late great grandfathers first name and his late grandfathers middle name. We all have older family names in ours (on my side) and I as I like the name Arthur I thought no reason to stop the tradition now, although I do wish I didn't have my grandmothers middle name, just lucky is isn't her first name - Gladys!! :lol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not sure where I got either of my names from (Christopher David) No one in the family has had either of those names. Not given much thought to the names of my children, Im not planning on having them for a while!

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
I'm glad this thread is here, our 2nd is due on Friday and we have been really struggling for names. I need some inspiration!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Our daughter ıs called Aleyna. We had thought going down the route of a name that works both in Turkish and English but as we have friends whose boys names are Erol (as in Flynn!?!- Turkish spellings) and Deniz we thought again. My wife went on a name site, made a list and then we just read them to each other on car journeys up and down the M25, picking ones that sounded nice and then checking the meanings. Aleyna (stress on the middle syllable) means 'most beloved' and sounded nice and then... of course, by coincidence, it's similar to Elena :)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Named my son after Mark McCammon and Richard Carpenter, they both scored in the 2-1 win over Sunderland the day he was born.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Just relieved that Knight and Butters didn't score that day. What a shite name that would have been :D

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
As I'll never be having kids, I've not given a lot of thought to how I'd go about naming them.

You are neglecting the "turkey baster and some willing lesbians" option there... :lol:

My family were named with some attempt at a normal name and a slightly stranger second name that the parents generally used (except for my brother Andrew when they got bored, seemingly). I'm the only one where the 'unusual' name actually became common but everyone on my family uses theirs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mine are Finn Francis Hardy and Kieran Joseph [Mrs Kraay is the Irish one].

Finn because it is a proper cool name, the kind I wish I'd had as a kid.
Francis was my wife's family name
Hardy after my best freind [RIP]

Kieran, I'd like to pretend was after my favourite ever Albion player, but its just a name we liked, that sounds right with Finn.
Joseph after his Granny's confirmation name.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. Name of my favourite book
2. After my grandmother, but changed to boys version
3. Just liked the name

Any further happy accidents would have been Lucy Lois or Mathias Reece

Your grandmother's name was Wolfman? :eek:

I wanted a name that meant something to one of us (my favourites were Oliver [as in Cromwell], John [as in both Milton and Clare] and Caleb [as in Williams]), and my partner wanted a Welsh name (being Welsh and all that). So, she wrote down her favourite Welsh names and I chose the one that had particular resonance for me: Idris.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My missus had a dream when she was two months pregnant that she was going to have a little boy named Oscar. We laughed our heads off at first, but it became a pet name and it stuck. His middle name is William, his great grandfathers name.

He's four weeks old tomorrow and here he is watching a DVD of Brighton under Mark McGhee.

xs.php

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
I wanted to call our boy James but didnt want him to be called Jim (which Guys dad is called) and he wanted to call him Oliver but I didnt! So his big sister came up with Jamie and in the end we agreed on Oliver as a second name. Thank god we named him before that annoying thing on the telly become famous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here