Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Marney look yesterday?

Couldn't make the game yesterday and had to listen on SCR. :( Could hardly believe my ears when they said Marney was coming on.

How did he do? Saw him at Arundel and Crawley pre-season and thought he looked quite sharp on the left side, which was encouraging because he's certainly no striker.

Did he make an impact or was is just a case of needs must and he'll be back in the reserves/on loan as soon as someone better's back?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
he looked up for it,desperate to make an impact, but lacking something.
as opposed to piercy, who lacked something and didnt look up for it either

By Piercey's own admission he had a poor game. Said in the interview afterwards that he doesn't enjoy playing on the right and would rather be in the middle or on the left. Bearing that in mind, why did he not get more of a go when Jonah was suspended? Personally I think he must have 'issues'.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
he might get a go in the middle when rehman goes back(I doubt if Coppell leaves we'll be able to extend the loan).

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He looked nothing special, but neither did McPhee a year ago, and now he's really developing! What is it with Brighton and playing our strikers on the right wing - Freeman, Hart, Marney?

Give him time - another year and he'll be right. :cool:

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
ORdinary - Piercy was terrible - perhaps now people won't keep going on about how good he is even though they have never actually seen him play.

I also have a seperate issue, why does everyone stand up whenever a player gets substituted, we seem to give every single player a standing ovation no matter how badly they play. The people who stood when Piercy got substituted really should question the message they are conveying through their actions

gulldenboy

Aug 16, 2003
Marney could be a very good striker if he were played as one every time he plays keeps being used wide right , he has always been better than Mc Phee, Marney has ben outstanding at Crawley 5 goals in 10 games and if he gets his chance up front with the Seagulls I think he will prove he can be as good as anyone we already have.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
albion are such a classy team , we've got are-marney
marney.jpg
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here