Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did BIG club Norwich City FC get on in the FA Cup today?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I remember last season very well. We won the league at a canter beating Brighton 4-1 and 2-1 along the way(our first time in the 3rd tier of English football for 50 years).

Leeds had a good cup run, which caused them to nearly bugger up a 20 point lead over Millwall. Lets hope for your sake you don't suffer the same problem.

Oh, by the way, I have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, so not sure what you're on about.

Time will show you the size of this club, the reality is that after such a long time in rented accommodation whilst fighting for a home to call our own it will most likely take a few years for our "size" to be determined (thankfully with approx 10k expansion possible at the Amex), and unlike yourselves we are not in debt to any financial institutions nor do we have crippling interest repayments to find so your argument that we "will never be anywhere near the size of city" has no substance when you also take into account our catchment area does it?

Stretcharm

Jan 28, 2011
Time will show you the size of this club, the reality is that after such a long time in rented accommodation whilst fighting for a home to call our own it will most likely take a few years for our "size" to be determined (thankfully with approx 10k expansion possible at the Amex), and unlike yourselves we are not in debt to any financial institutions nor do we have crippling interest repayments to find so your argument that we "will never be anywhere near the size of city" has no substance when you also take into account our catchment area does it?

You have no idea about our debts.

We owe roughly £21m, with over half being owed to Delia Smith who has said she will get the money back when we can afford it. The rest is being paid back monthly on a mortgage type payment. One season in the Premier League and we are debt free and some.

The days of us having crippling interest repayments and administration concerns are gone, hence why we have reportedly bid £1.5m for a League One player.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Classic quote from Sir Ian Hart on the phone in concerning Bennett "Brighton are a bigger club than Norwich could ever hope to be"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I almost wanted Palace to win today..

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

We owe roughly £21m, with over half being owed to Delia Smith who has said she will get the money back when we can afford it. The rest is being paid back monthly on a mortgage type payment. One season in the Premier League and we are debt free and some.

The days of us having crippling interest repayments and administration concerns are gone, hence why we have reportedly bid £1.5m for a League One player.

Wow if some of your fellow canaries are to be believed your debt has risen by £4m in a matter of days :laugh:

If your financial worries are behind you why the need to sell land used as a car park and if your immnent return to the prem is as nailed on as you imply why the need for a 7 year plan if all your financial worries will be over come may?

Suggest you do a little research about "little old Brighton", or alternatively you can watch and learn as we grow within our means in the coming years.........

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
How is it within your means when you are being bankrolled by a sugar daddy!?

Unsecured interest free loan from our chairman, happens to be part of a family who have been associated with the board for 40 odd years, lifelong fan and very wealthy. Not exactly being bankrolled. Do some research mate.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Have you fixed your generator yet? Absolutely f***ing farce of a day wasted travelling up to your place some years ago. I see you're still in the same old ground while we'll be enjoying the padded comforts and excellent views in our brand new stadium.

As for delusions of being a big club, rein it in mate. Sheffield Wednesday are a bigger club than Wigan but right now that counts for jack shit.

Stretcharm

Jan 28, 2011
Wow if some of your fellow canaries are to be believed your debt has risen by £4m in a matter of days :laugh:

If your financial worries are behind you why the need to sell land used as a car park and if your immnent return to the prem is as nailed on as you imply why the need for a 7 year plan if all your financial worries will be over come may?

Suggest you do a little research about "little old Brighton", or alternatively you can watch and learn as we grow within our means in the coming years.........

As far as I was aware we didn't need to sell off that land, it was just good business.

I haven't said our return to the Premier League is imminent, I've just seen how we are playing and looked at the table.

Do you know what our 7 year plan is? - as you seem to know so much about our club, I suppose you do. Our plan is to get promoted to the Premier League inside 7 years, so if we do it in 2, we're all happy. It certainly isn't essential we go up this year.

Please don't try to be smart with regards our club, as when I give you facts, you look a little foolish.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I almost wanted Palace to win today..
I DID want Palace to win ...

How is it within your means when you are being bankrolled by a sugar daddy!?
Because that IS part of our 'means'. If we were spending more than we were getting in 'sugar daddy income' then we'd be living beyond our means. As a business model I'll grant you it's not that sound (because if the sugar daddy income suddenly stops or it all goes sour then you're in the shit) - but this is a football club we're talking about not Sainsburys.

And wealthy benefactors have been a part of professional football since the beginning, it's just that the sums are more massive these days. We've had people put money into the club before, just never to this extent.

EDIT: Sorry, a complete aside, in my browser 'Sainsburys' is now a hyperlink. Apparently it's been added by something called 'skimlinks'. I'm guessing it's a browser-specific thing (probably some crap I've picked up from somewhere) and not an NSC feature. It must do it when it renders the page as it's not in the text when I try and edit. Anyone else getting it?

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As far as I was aware we didn't need to sell off that land, it was just good business.

I haven't said our return to the Premier League is imminent, I've just seen how we are playing and looked at the table.

Do you know what our 7 year plan is? - as you seem to know so much about our club, I suppose you do. Our plan is to get
promoted to the Premier League inside 7 years, so if we do it in 2, we're all happy. It certainly isn't essential we go up this year.

Please don't try to be smart with regards our club, as when I give you facts, you look a little foolish.

Tbh I only know what your lot have spouted about your club and there dies seem to be two very different stories about Norwich, suggest you get your own facts about your own club in order matey. Strange how you're posting on another teams board at 7am on a sunday morning, a team from a league below you at that :laugh:, you inbreds are getting a little obsessed with us but then I suppose we should be flattered seeing as you're such a massive well run club and all that.

Only one group of posters looking stupid on this site fella, you know you are and it really is getting very sad now :wave:

Mark Jones

Jan 28, 2011
Have you fixed your generator yet? Absolutely f***ing farce of a day wasted travelling up to your place some years ago. I see you're still in the same old ground while we'll be enjoying the padded comforts and excellent views in our brand new stadium.

As for delusions of being a big club, rein it in mate. Sheffield Wednesday are a bigger club than Wigan but right now that counts for jack shit.

Spot on! Wednesday are bigger than Wigan even though they are two leagues apart! Norwich are bigger than Brighton & one league apart... Even if we are in the same league next year & you finish above us, we'll still be bigger!! Nothing against Brighton at all, we've barely spent any time in the same league in living memory so there's not really been any rivalry. I see a few Norwich fans have been giving it large about Bennett, but to be honest I only know what I have read about him & have only seen him play once. He's doing well in the 3rd division but it's a big step up, just look how Chrissy Martin scored for fun last season but is struggling a little this. For all we know, we could get him for £2m plus & he could be a flop!! I don't care if we get him either way, but I bet Crofts has been persuading to head this way! Crofts by the way has made the step up... In the running for POTS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here