Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you that we'll sign a QUALITY striker before the window closes

How confident are you that we'll sign a QUALITY striker before the window closes

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
During the break I would have voted 100% that we would get a Murrayesque replacement in as I couldn't see Mr Chairman risking his massive investment in the club as cost of relegation > cost of a new striker.

But as time has ticked by I'm becoming less confident by the day. To go into the new season with only the two wee fellas to play up top (or three wee fellas if you include Trossard) is going to be a major problem. I'm now concerned and worried that we will get the Barber response that we have had in just about every window of "we tried" followed by the shrug.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think we'll sign Solanke in the Janssen Hour of the extended Football League transfer window.

So, no... not confident at all.
That's a pretty good shout I think sadly as we like going for old targets. !!!

Let's just end this misery and put in a reasonable offer for Pukki ;)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am confident the club will do the right thing of and when players become available. Boring but factual.

Hopefully another Jansen opportunity may happen. This time hoping they want to sign, rather than reject a great offer to go out on loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I stayed up for Vincent Janssen and used to laugh about it. Now I feel kind of pissed off that we didn't sing him tbh.
At least this year the international and PL->PL deadline is at 5pm on Transfer Deadline Day.

Then we have 11 more days for transfers with the EFL ( which I hope is just loans out for us ).

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I just want some proper RUMOURS. I know running a tight ship is the professional way to go about your transfer business but from a fan point of view it's so bloody boring. We feed off leaks but the club gives away nothing nowadays. All we get is the odd twitter mention that we're interested in a player, none of us have any clue if it's true or not but we still try to build a transfer narrative around these fragments of hope. Then when someone else signs the player that we have no idea if we were actually interested in we get twisted out of shape and assume we're failing.

Come on Uncle Tony give us some real meaty rumours!

I thought the club were playing their cards close to their chest in January. Turned out they were keeping f*** all secret! Now, we're one more striker down and nothing would surprise me.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm not confident at all.

It will probably be like 2 seasons ago, when we failed to get a striker. Hünemeier came out and had a go at the fans for moaning. 36 points that season I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Nearly 80% of this poll so far think there is less than 20% or no chance of us buying a "quality" striker before the end of the window. 80% !! ha ha.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can only conclude we are in a position of having to sell (more) before we can buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sick and tired of the whole "daddy my classmate got a fancy new video game and you are shit if you cant afford me one" shit so I hope there will be wont be a new striker (but great results anyway).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nearly 80% of this poll so far think there is less than 20% or no chance of us buying a "quality" striker before the end of the window. 80% !! ha ha.

Depressing isn’t it? I am intrigued to know who is incoming though seeing as ITK [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (who denies he is ITK :wink:) has gone for 90%.

Excited :lolol:

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Are you saying we will definitely be relegated if we don't sign a new third choice striker?
Or do you think we will be relegated if we don't sign a new first choice striker?

I disagree,

IMO the biggest 2 factors in teams being relegated is the quality of the defence and injuries.
we are strong in both depth of squad and defensive players.

When it comes to attacking players, Potter will perm 3 forwards from the players available.
Without signing anyone throughout this season are options are:

Maupay/Trossard/Connolly/Lallana/Gross/McAllister/Jahanbaksh/Gyokeres/Andone

That's 8 players with experience of Premier League football and 1 newbie.
Sure I would like to add more options than that, but I don't think we are particularly weak there.
Certainly not odds on to be relegated.

Of those players you have listed, one is reasonable, two are still learning their game and a way off starting regularly, one is injured and the others are attacking midfielders.

The difference another recognised striker would make is likely to be the difference between finishing comfortably and battling relegation to the last couple of games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sick and tired of the whole "daddy my classmate got a fancy new video game and you are shit if you cant afford me one" shit so I hope there will be wont be a new striker (but great results anyway).

Yeah but you can go off and support another team if it all goes pear shaped and Potter gets the sack. Think of us poor buggers who are serving a life sentence :wink:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah but you can go off and support another team if it all goes pear shaped and Potter gets the sack. Think of us poor buggers who are serving a life sentence :wink:

Yeah it makes it all weirder, you'd imagine I'd be the one dreaming of a fat Saudi or Chinese cheque and some fancy £100k a month striker instead of appreciating that the club is doing what it can with limited resources and a vision to use the youth academy as much as possible rather than signing up luxuary mercenery whores.

Sure, signings are sometimes required and possible, but right now it may not be possible (and likely not required) to sign a "quality striker". Tony is not being cheap, Dan is not being lazy, they are just tied to reality - British reality - unlike most of the competitors people jealously look at.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
30%, because I'm feeling optimistic. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me to see no further incomings.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well in the end we're fans and we're not going anywhere anytime soon. We'll be as happy as we always were at any future equivalent of the Goldstone, Withdean or the Amex. Completely down to the club how successful they want to be. Cos the proper fans will still be there regardless. Beacause we don't go because of the quality of the football, we go there in the main to drink beer and have a laugh and/or a moan and talk bollocks with our mates. That's hardly going to change anytime soon, irrespective of whether TB stays the course, sells out to an Asian conglomerate or builds a B&Q on the site. WE are the club, nobody else

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have to say I’m majorly disappointed we’re not in for Brewster. Maybe we were. But he fits the bill and would have been perfect for us I think.

Completely back Tony, Paul, Dan and Graham.. but you do worry as we approach the deadline. If Maupay gets injured or suspended you feel we’re in trouble.. but even if not, I think having another forward option is really important at this level.

I’m staggered that they let Glenn go without a deal lined up. I assumed they did. Obviously not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here