Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How Come Twitter Gets To Drive The Agenda?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Never believe twitter . If you do , you would have expected the day before the last election that labour would win by a landslide !

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As you have autonomy over your Twitter feed, I can only assume you look for nasty dark people who get their rocks off on upsetting people.

I find it hard to believe Copenhagen's leading Urban Planner & Designer and some time University transportation lecturer goes out of his way to upset people.
In fact they are somewhat informative and now, thanks to Twitter, accessible to a fat bloke in West Sussex.

Twitter is what you want it to be.

You'd better watch what you say, as that fat bloke from West Sussex has his own Twitter account, entitled:

#wibbly_wobbly_of_worthing :lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Dangerous times. Not helped by Trump sitting in his stained underpants in his bunker with a large whiskey issuing diktats in the wee small hours via twitter.

Trump doesn’t drink, so no whisky involved in his rantings.

Also, most of his crap comes in the morning, not the wee hours.

I think he blearily surfaces hours later than most people, beached like a walrus in a bed surrounded by the previous night’s greasy cheeseburger wrappings, switches on ‘Fox and Friends’ and then jabs his chunky orange thumbs onto Twitter to parrot whatever right-wing ravings they’re discussing there.

Definitely sticks his tongue out and grunts to himself as he laboriously slaps out FAKE NEWS BAD LAMESTREEM MEDIUH BADD in caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Trump doesn’t drink, so no whisky involved in his rantings.

Also, most of his crap comes in the morning, not the wee hours.

I think he blearily surfaces hours later than most people, beached like a walrus in a bed surrounded by the previous night’s greasy cheeseburger wrappings, switches on ‘Fox and Friends’ and then jabs his chunky orange thumbs onto Twitter to parrot whatever right-wing ravings they’re discussing there.

Definitely sticks his tongue out and grunts to himself as he laboriously slaps out FAKE NEWS BAD LAMESTREEM MEDIUH BADD in caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:needpics:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair play, but it sounded like something you'd say :p

I know. I hadn't intened to end my post the way I started it, but realised haf way through there was an opportunity for a little low-comedy mischief :rolleyes::bigwave:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I have seen the future. In just a few months, it will be as hard to open a Twitter account as it is now to open a bank account. No aliases, just real names and you are responsible for what you post. An immediate improvement in discourse, and only the idiots will continue to be abusive.

What's not to like?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I have seen the future. In just a few months, it will be as hard to open a Twitter account as it is now to open a bank account. No aliases, just real names and you are responsible for what you post. An immediate improvement in discourse, and only the idiots will continue to be abusive.

What's not to like?

That would be a major - and necessary - improvement in my view.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It can be a genuine source for good, a source for support and for real information, if that's what you want to use it for. Unfortunately it can also be a toxic pit of trolls and genuinely unpleasant people, as well as the Worlds Largest Echochamber.

Sadly I have to use it, as it helps pay my wages. The trick is to just focus on the things you want to look at, and at worse, just mute certain accounts/words so it becomes a cleaner place to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here