Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How COLD are you??

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
-18,5 where i live atm. But its a dry cold with sun and snow, so still feels warmer then the 3 degree wet winters i used to have in sussex

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have the same policy but I vary which timezone I adhere to.
On saturdays I'm drinking to Minsk time.

As for cold, I'm toasty but the blokes doing my garage roof this week are a bit taters. Of course, being a good customer I am following the rules around the supply of hot beverages (three cups a day, slice of cake with the afternoon brew).

Them's the tradesman rules not the Covid rules which trump all others:facepalm:

this cold spell has highlighted all the cold spots in our suppossedly centrally heated home. massive gale coming from the front door. and from our front room fireplace - fire was removed when we added the CH) . We still have several single glazed windows and i try to avoid the bathroom at all costs!. Radiator on full power by the door but move more than 3 feet and its freezing (single brick construction extension)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Mackerel will be in soon :)

They were still around until late November last year never seen them hang around that late before , from memory started getting them in early April last year a few miles out and they started hitting the beaches in May!

The Plaice usually show up in March so the sea must be warming up quicker than the boffins think , nature tells all and the fish are just responding to the sea temperature, nice short term but the signs of global warming are there for all to see .

Anyway not to worry , Boris will sort it :mad:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
At least it's sunny...
5bd40cebbc5e805ec3f0a39df6f17ad7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They were still around until late November last year never seen them hang around that late before , from memory started getting them in early April last year a few miles out and they started hitting the beaches in May!

The Plaice usually show up in March so the sea must be warming up quicker than the boffins think , nature tells all and the fish are just responding to the sea temperature, nice short term but the signs of global warming are there for all to see .

Anyway not to worry , Boris will sort it :mad:

Was interesting watching the Cornish fishing programme this week and how they are now commercially catching winter mackerel close to shore..........the influx of tuna to British waters is quite startling too.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Was -10 when I left for work this morning at 4.30am. Interestingly, the main issue was ice on the INSIDE of the windscreen which was a tad disconcerting. Radio 5 Live were talking to someone in Canada where it was -50!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fecking freezing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll just say walking the dog is a fecking chore when it’s this cold :shrug:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Went out for a run yesterday. It was cold despite and extra layer and my usual winter gear on.
The wind chill was the killer.
I have decided -3 is the coldest for running for me, that's factoring the wind chill in. It was -7 yesterday.

If I was 10 years younger I would do this bare CHEST running.

Any youngster doing some bare chest stuff?

‘Lost’ one of my running gloves so tried to get out Monday and do my usual but with extra base layer and pulled over my hands a la Mo Salah. The pain in my fingers was excruciating. I think if I’d been out longer than half an hour frostbite due to windchill might have been a genuine risk.

Also at home on Wednesday it got down to minus 7 without windchill and the waste pipe from our washing machine froze solid. Took 3 boiling kettles to defrost and when it did the pipe did an ice crap about 8 inches long.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Uncomfortably numb. Think my hand sanitiser may be freezing over. I guess the mind plays tricks but feel as cold now as when Easyjet flew me to Rovaniemi in January 2019. It was -27 degrees when we landed, and so cold for the return flight that Easyjet flight computer said no and we got a free night's bed n board at the Santa Claus Hotel. Don't recall it feeling all that colder than right here right now tho

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
At least it's sunny...
5bd40cebbc5e805ec3f0a39df6f17ad7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

It's -13C and snowing in this part of Ontario. It's quite unusual to see it snowing here when it's that cold. I've just bumped the heating up a degree to make sure I'm nice and warm for yet another WFH day. :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just spent an hour tidying the garden. Definitely less bitter than the last few days, and some nice sunshine.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
It's -13C and snowing in this part of Ontario. It's quite unusual to see it snowing here when it's that cold. I've just bumped the heating up a degree to make sure I'm nice and warm for yet another WFH day. :thumbsup:

A few cm coming our way tomorrow. I'm waxing the skis in anticipation!

I'm also making the move to NS next month, where it's currently a balmy -6c!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here