Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Can X-Factor Winner Be Xmas No.1 Without Criminal Activity?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Y'know, by all normal standards of behaviour and betting patterns, these two JCB geeks with the bad sweaters, haircuts and instruments should run away with the Xmas No.1. They're even getting plugs on the national news. But, nope, hot favourite for the Xmas no.1 i.e. a week from now, is some X-Factor no-mark who only got voted in on Saturday. Allegedly nobody knew who was going to win & even if they did, the chances of gearing up a CD-pressing plant (assuming they have such a thing) into pressing a CD of a tune which has yet to be unveiled in the weeki before Xmas, seem a tad unlikely. Or are the Great British Reality Show Watching Public really THICK AS SHIT? as to buy a CD by a random act with a random tune, and doubtless a cover version at that???

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Tom Hark said:
Y'know, by all normal standards of behaviour and betting patterns, these two JCB geeks with the bad sweaters, haircuts and instruments should run away with the Xmas No.1. They're even getting plugs on the national news. But, nope, hot favourite for the Xmas no.1 i.e. a week from now, is some X-Factor no-mark who only got voted in on Saturday. Allegedly nobody knew who was going to win & even if they did, the chances of gearing up a CD-pressing plant (assuming they have such a thing) into pressing a CD of a tune which has yet to be unveiled in the weeki before Xmas, seem a tad unlikely. Or are the Great British Reality Show Watching Public really THICK AS SHIT? as to buy a CD by a random act with a random tune, and doubtless a cover version at that???

They recorded the song with each of the 3 finalists ready to begin being pressed the moment the winner was announced. It's not in the shops till Wednesday. But yes all the pre ordered copies are bought by the public who are thick as shit.

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
All 3 finalist recored the same song last week. Once the decision was anounched the CD production plant worked all weekend to get the CD in to shops for today.

Also the song is one a new one. Heard it on the radio yesterday morning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah, OK, I stand corrected. Maybe it's NOT an organised crime thing then. Just a complete failure of TASTE thing.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Tom Hark said:
Ah, OK, I stand corrected. Maybe it's NOT an organised crime thing then. Just a complete failure of TASTE thing.

That just about sums it up.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
agreed on the failure of taste. but also for a single to be release it has to be sold in at least 2 formats. 1 of those format could be the legal download method. so not so many cds have to be printed off so quickly anyway.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Be warned everyone. Heather Mills-McCartney, has teamed up with a "friend from Men At Work," and have produced a George Best tribute. Also "Belfast Boy" has been remade, so taste has firmly gone out of the window this year.

For once I could put up with Cliff Richard. At least he may be genuine.

Jul 20, 2003
one of the finalists has a dad in jail for rape, a bother charged with murder and a mum recently nicked for assault

thats what I was told anyway

dunno if it's true

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
pevenseagull said:
one of the finalists has a dad in jail for rape, a brother charged with murder and a mum recently nicked for assault

dunno if it's true

Yep, it's amazing what some people will do for publicity!

Tom Hark said:

My respect for you has gone up Tom for actually not having a good grasp of how this con is put into practice. If you knew then you would probably have been watching it all along.

An approximate quote from Jeremy Clarkson writing in the Sunday Times.... The X-Factor is a reality talent show designed to make Simon Cowell as much money as possible.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
pevenseagull said:
one of the finalists has a dad in jail for rape, a bother charged with murder and a mum recently nicked for assault

dunno if it's true

That was the winner

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tom

They had 700 000 pre orders when they didn't even know the winner or the song. Shayne is 1/9 to be the Xmas no 1.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tom Hark said:
[B Or are the Great British Reality Show Watching Public really THICK AS SHIT? as to buy a CD by a random act with a random tune, and doubtless a cover version at that??? [/B]

Yep because all these type of shows along with Big Brother Im a jungle and all that lot are quite frankly CRAP.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They had 700 000 pre orders, Cowell said.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
graz126 said:
but also for a single to be release it has to be sold in at least 2 formats.

Not true. A single can be released on a minimum of 1 format. There is no maximum number of formats it can be released on, but only 3 will count towards chart position.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think the whole things flawed anyway, the number one when we wake up on Christmas day will be JCB it'll be 7 o clock before fix factor is announced but that'll be the Christmas number one, its a load of COCK

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Tom

They had 700 000 pre orders when they didn't even know the winner or the song.

I'm sure it's true. It's just a bit hard to get to grips with the idea that there are 700 000 retards running around with that kind of time & money to waste. I mean, how does somebody that dim actually find their way to the shops without a carer, let alone have the vocubulary necessary to pre-order a CD? And why would you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here