Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can we NOT get promoted?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Shhhhh. Shut up already. Talk about counting your chickens. Yes we have a good chance of going up but if we're still top in April THEN you can start getting out the champers.

Emphatically THIS

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As Kalimantan says, Leeds were on an unprcedented 33 points after 14 games last year and got over the line in second. 31 is a great start no doubt about it - but what is more interesting at this stage for me is that the chasing pack haven't really got to grips with a run. Look at last season - Charlton, MK Dons and Colchester tucked in nicely behind. Norwich just starting their push (on 22 points you note - so ANY of that pack behind us could "do a Norwich" and they won at a canter).

So who is coming out of the pack? (Last six games):

Albion - 4-2-0 (Top of the home form table, 2nd in away form table)
Hudderfield - 3-0-3
Colchester - 2-3-1
Bmuff - 2-2-2
Pboro - 2-0-4 (so puts that win in perspective a bit)
Charlton - 3-1-2
Wednesday 3-2-1
Southampton 4-1-1 (second in the form table behind us)

So, no one in the pack showing any signs of making a concerted push up the table apart from Southampton at this stage.

I think this is reassuring. No teams really holding on to our coat tails at this stage and few of them showing signs of consistency.

Way, way too early to talk about promotion, but that doesn't mean it has been virtually a dream start.

Seagulls!

Attachments

• 14 games.JPG
    14 games.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 48

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here