anyone?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thank you tom - that was the response i was hoping for

what are you having for dinner?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
first 20 mins,dire,hammond missed a sitter,we werent interested at all,,2nd half much better

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Are you at Uni here?

:wave:

i am, just got back from a THOROUGHLY entertaining afternoon at whaddon road. terrace, roof, cheap, atmosphere, and a decent attacking game. what more could you want from a saturday afternoon

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It could have been a totally different game has Hammond not sliced his chance with only a stationary keeper to beat. We were woeful in the first half and didn't look interested. We do not close down our players quick enough and it seemed that George was trying to rally the troops (A definite captain if we ever mad enough to sign for us). We needed a change at half time - by the time we were in the swing of things, it was too late.

Forster probably should have ducked and let Hammond head the ball - that chance towards the end.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
:wave:

i am, just got back from a THOROUGHLY entertaining afternoon at whaddon road. terrace, roof, cheap, atmosphere, and a decent attacking game. what more could you want from a saturday afternoon

Ive never not had fun at Whaddon Road- they often do student deals, or the local paper runs a 2 for 1 offer now and again...worth keeping an eye out for.

Enjoy yourself and the prettiest ladies in all of England.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bollocks - you doom-mongers actually want us to fail, don't you?

1st half was abysmal. no 2 ways but Savage and Elphick did play well. Especially Tommy.

2nd half we were much, much better. Cox caused problems and when Revell and Robinson came on we really looked like we could get something from the game. Revell should have had a penalty too.

I do wonder why some people even bother turning up when sometimes.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Bollocks - you doom-mongers actually want us to fail, don't you?

1st half was abysmal. no 2 ways but Savage and Elphick did play well. Especially Tommy.

2nd half we were much, much better. Cox caused problems and when Revell and Robinson came on we really looked like we could get something from the game. Revell should have had a penalty too.

I do wonder why some people even bother turning up when sometimes.

I'd agree with that. I'd also like to see the build up to their second goal again as I thought Owusu was in an offside position when thew ball rebounded to him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was great, to sit in the sun, beneath the trees and listen to Sussex win yet another championship. Those footballers running around were a bit of a nuisance, but on the whole a lovely day. xxx

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
According to Wilkins post match interview, he said the stats showed we had 17 (yes seventeen) goal attempts. I,d love to know what constitutes a goal attempt..? A goal kick..?.....throw-in....?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
the only positive to take from that dire performance was george o'callahan.
otherwise total cack

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
the only positive to take from that dire performance was george o'callahan.
otherwise total cack

umm... Robinson? Elphick? Bas seems to be able to win headers, Revell came on and looked good, Cox's running at defenders in the second half was pretty good. We did pin them back a lot in the 2nd half. Did you go home at half time?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
umm... Robinson? Elphick? Bas seems to be able to win headers, Revell came on and looked good, Cox's running at defenders in the second half was pretty good. We did pin them back a lot in the 2nd half. Did you go home at half time?

We played well 2nd half but it took a goal against for us to start playing, I'd be interested to know why we couldn't be arsed to compete properly before then. Yeovil closed us down from the off why didn't we do the same to them rather than surrendering the midfield and letting them come onto us, Was not conceding the game plan rather than taking the game to them? According to the Yeovil fan on the phone in that was a makeshift midfiled, surely we should have tried to take advantage especially as apparently their right back (?) was playing out of position. Sorry to question DW's tactics but that is part of his job and he failed miserably on the day,

If the team aren't doing what he tells them he needs to sort that out by dropping the offenders and replacing them with players who will follow instructions.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought both goals were offside, but we'll see on the telly later.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought both goals were offside, but we'll see on the telly later.

I thought the 2nd goal was down to bad positioning by MK but as you say, we'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here