Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How authentic is this shirt?

Mine

Odious Bureaucrat
Sep 16, 2011
Checked out the Historical Football Kits website. Looks good in that respect, but you'll have to do a search, or get help from another poster, to see the artist's rendition of the kit (I don't have enough posts to access the link function.).

The line "Please note this item is a copy product" concerns me. Does that mean the replica shirt is recently-created and not an actual replica from that time? I think I'd want to see an image with a bit more detail in terms of the shirt's construction and material to make certain that what you're getting is a replica from that time and not a modern creation.

Caveat Emptor.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Badge on the original was fuzzy felt as opposed to embroided. Also my original had faded to a shade of lilac by 1984 but I did wear it a lot. Modern creation.

DavePage

Doesn’t look like mine, my wife ironed mine, so there is a faded iron shape at an angle below the sponsor.
She says it was always there, so I guess that the replica does not have the iron logo it can’t be real. Sorry to disappoint you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Doesn’t look like mine, my wife ironed mine, so there is a faded iron shape at an angle below the sponsor.
She says it was always there, so I guess that the replica does not have the iron logo it can’t be real. Sorry to disappoint you.
:lolol:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I have one of those shirts, bought it on ebay from thailand, wining bid was about 14 quid! The collars are smaller than the original and as others have mentioned the badge isn't felt and the font is SLIGHTLY different, but overall a very good copy, i LOVE mine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here