Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are we doing on the financial front?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Dont even waste your breath. The bloke cant even touch his keyboard without the lamest attempt to fish appearing on here.

Where am I moaning about price hikes?? You pay for what u get and I don't have a problem with that, and if I want to start a thread about any subject I will. I suggest you get off your egotistical pedestal and take your head out of your own arse!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Where am I moaning about price hikes?? You pay for what u get and I don't have a problem with that, and if I want to start a thread about any subject I will. I suggest you get off your egotistical pedestal and take your head out of your own arse!

He was talking about 'Return of the Rev' who had started an identical thread to yours as yours wasn't good enough for him. The threads have been merged, hence the confusion as Dan had posted on the duplicate thread.

Lush

Mods' Pet
And it's not as if TB is itching to get his money back in a hurry ... and if we end up breaking Financial Fair Play rules and miss out on a Champions League place as a result, that's a cross we'll have to bear.

I appreciate this is a tongue in cheek comment, but isn't it true that you can invest as much as you like in club infrastructure eg training grounds etc. The FFP is more about making sure that you don't over spend in terms of a percentage of club income on player wages?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Leaving aside our current slump to an appalling 10th in the Championship these are the 'good times', and given that almost every game since we've been at the Amex has been sold out (or as near as dammit) we should be making a substantial operating profit. If we're not then something is VERY badly wrong and does not bode at all well for when the bad times come and the ground is only three-quarters or half full.

Agreed.

Does anyone know employs the AITC staff - are they separate from the Club ? What happens if the grants dry up ? Does anyone know ?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Leaving aside our current slump to an appalling 10th in the Championship these are the 'good times', and given that almost every game since we've been at the Amex has been sold out (or as near as dammit) we should be making a substantial operating profit. If we're not then something is VERY badly wrong and does not bode at all well for when the bad times come and the ground is only three-quarters or half full.

If we are making an operating loss then I guess some of it is due to costs spiralling out of control pre-Barber, and some of it is just due to the crazy world of football economics where it is not unheard of for the wage bill to exceed turnover.

Does indicate some pretty poor financial mgmt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed.

Does anyone know employs the AITC staff - are they separate from the Club ? What happens if the grants dry up ? Does anyone know ?

AITC falls outside of Financial Fair Play rules and is an important part of the American Express sponsorship deal. Despite Barber wanting it not to run at a loss, I hope it is reasonably well 'protected' from cuts.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Neither.

Its interest free, and no capital repayments commence until 2023 (if at all - there is the option to turn the loan into shares).
In which case I presume that our income must match or be less than our expenditure not having to pay for the millstone of The Amex?

Be interesting to see the clubs accounts whenever they are released / published.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

As has been pointed out I was referring to that odious moron Return of the Rev.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I appreciate this is a tongue in cheek comment, but isn't it true that you can invest as much as you like in club infrastructure eg training grounds etc. The FFP is more about making sure that you don't over spend in terms of a percentage of club income on player wages?

Correct. But never let the facts get in the way of a joke.

Of course, Gus always complains that our playing budget is small compared to those of our rivals. But I bet it's not that small.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course, Gus always complains that our playing budget is small compared to those of our rivals. But I bet it's not that small.

I do not believe much of what Gus says these days. He's rather mischievous when it comes to giving information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here