Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are these transfers being funded? Cash or finance?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Is Bloom bank rolling the transfers, loaning the cash to the club or are the club borrowing the money from banks?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Selling players, season ticket sales, sponsorship for the stadium, lounges, shirts and Blooms poker winnings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it really matter to us supporters and arent most transfers paid via a payment plan, rather than cash. I dont know just quessing as most clubs do not have that sort of cash to pay out lump sums.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
the sale of bennett covers any spending so far

But Bennet has not been sold yet James! I guess, from my point of view, i just don't want the club to get in debt.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Cash. For example, the 2,600 1901 members paid a £1,000 up front net of vat each = £2.6m, and our season ticket dd's are now 3 months paid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect it to be a deposit and scheduled payments over a period of time but well within the capabilities of the club to pay it. The shareholders of the club are responsible for any debts so will obviously keep them to a minimum if they have the cash to service the payments unlike Portsmouth, Palace and others who didnt keep within their limits. I do not think TB would allow us to get into that scenario.

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
But Bennet has not been sold yet James! I guess, from my point of view, i just don't want the club to get in debt.

I read on here our revenue had gone from £5m to £24m next year.. 18k season tickets and the extra revenue has paid for these signing and Id be suprised if there is not another £2m spent this summer (likely £1.5 back for Benno) is £2m net spend... the key as any football manager whose played on a pc is wage budget. Im guessing we will have 2 loan signings from Spuds or Chelski maybe a Gooner.. 1 or 2 out of contract players or last year knock down fees and a BIG signing to come .. exciting times

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
These days there's hardly any football transfer that gets paid up front straight away, most are in some kind of installments - even the big clubs do it like this.

If anyone remembers the Noone transfer our bid was preferred because we paid up front and Plymouth needed to pay the tax man.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is Bloom bank rolling the transfers, loaning the cash to the club or are the club borrowing the money from banks?

Is this a serious question? Bloom has bankrolled a stadium to the tune of at least £70m plus is looking at a further £17m on a training ground and you are worried about a £1m transfer fee!!!!

The difference between Tony Bloom bankrolling the Club (whether it's by paying Buckingham to build the stadium, buying a player, or paying the electricity bill) and bank borrowing to do the same things is that the banks charge real money for their finance and Tony Bloom merely defers the moment when he wants to trouser some cash from his investment. That day will no doubt come, but it's not going to make much difference NOW whether it's in a year's time, ten years, twenty years, or never.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Does it really matter to us supporters and arent most transfers paid via a payment plan, rather than cash. I dont know just quessing as most clubs do not have that sort of cash to pay out lump sums.

Of couse it matters. One of the criticisms aimed at clubs that have gone into admin (eg Portsmouth) is that the supporters didn't question how big transfers and high wages were funded.
And given our history of overspending in the 80's and the twenty years of hardship that followed it's entirely reasonable to ask questions about the clubs finances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here