Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are Real Madrid paying....

scooter1

How soon is now?
Didn't they sell their training ground a few years back to pay off the debts for Zidane etc as it was prime estate in Central Madrid so they have a training ground out of town now.

Yep, thats how they funded the Galactico era. I can't happen again though.
I read that Perez was hoping to use Ronaldo's Nike branding to help as Madrid have a huge deal with Adidas, and therefore they have acces to the 2 largest kit brands in the world. And then there is Kaka who is sponsored by Adidas as well.
I still don't think they'll shift as many shirts as they did with Beckham on the back..

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The rest of my post was pretty sound I though. I always thought that part of the hatred of Madrid for Barcelona was it's proximity to the Pyrenese and the way it regards itself as essentially independent from Spain - which is all part of the separatist issue. Even the Barcelona flag (with the orange and red) is similar to the Basques and also those of Southern France - again, the Oc.

No it's not .
The Basque flag is red , white & green ( union jack style ).
The Catalonion flag is yellow & red horizontal stripes .
There's nothing similar about them whatsoever !!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Barcelona flag
600px-Flag_of_Barcelona.svg.png

Flag of Languedoc across the Pyrennes
600px-Flag_of_Midi-Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es.svg.png

I dont pretend to be an expert but as it was explained to me, the Catlans and the Occitan (southern french) are strongly related - and more related in their eyes than the catalans and the spanish. That's what I've been told - no need to get all upset about it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good to see Michel Platini WADING in to criticise them for the wanton squandering af all that money.

Oh, hang on.......................

(cough)

UEFA president Michel Platini has criticised Real Madrid for their "excessive" deal for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Spanish giants have broken the world transfer record twice this week by signing Kaka and now Ronaldo and Platini believes the deals are a threat to football's fairness.

MICHEL PLATINI Platini said: "These excessive transfers are happening almost every day.

"These transfers are a serious challenge to the idea of fair play and the concept of financial balance in our competitions.

Last edited:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I will be buying a Kaka 5 shirt for the new season. :thumbsup:

I really like Real Madrid, I think you either like them or Barcelona and usually you won't have any real reason for it. I like Real, for no real reason.

Kaka, Ronaldo, Robben, Raul in the same team?! Wow, that's going to be some team. Van Nistelrooy to bang in the goals aswell. Iker Casillas (Easily the best goalkeeper in the world) behind them aswell, next season they've no excuse for not winning everything!

Think Robben and Van Nistleroy are leaving.... Spurs are after Van N !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Catalan flag (senyera):

1061496-Senyera_flag_of_Catalonia-Catalunya.jpeg

Basque flag (ikurrina):

ikurrina.jpg

Also, on a very pedantic note (ask Hiney ;) ), can I just point out that the correct term for someone or something from Catalunya is Catalan, not Catalonian.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
It said on the BBC website that when Beckham went to Madrid, they sold £100 000 000 worth of No.23 shirts and related merchandise!

With Ronaldo and Kaka there, and possibly another big money signing, the shirt/merchandise business will be colossal!

No wonder they're the number one brand, sorry, football team, in the world, even ahead of Man. Utd!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here