Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are Real Madrid paying....

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Where on earth is the money coming from to pay for Kaka, Ronaldo and (maybe) David Villa.. There arnt enough shirts in the world to help pay for this trio !!!! Approx.£200 million for three players ?? .... its all gone mad.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Where on earth is the money coming from to pay for Kaka, Ronaldo and (maybe) David Villa.. There arnt enough shirts in the world to help pay for this trio !!!! Approx.£200 million for three players ?? .... its all gone mad.

Its Madness aint it............From the little i know, it just seems Madrid just over spend get into debt and then the goverment bail them out just because they are who they are and what they bring to the country.....Its Madness aint it !!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

BBC NEWS | Business | How can Real Madrid afford Ronaldo?

Growing match-day revenues, increasingly shrewd and global marketing, healthy commercial income, and a ground-breaking domestic TV deal, have all catapulted the club to the peak of the Deloitte's Football Money League this year.

They have topped it for the past four straight years, despite being overshadowed in the Champions League by their bitter rivals Barcelona.

'Remarkable growth'

According to those most recent figures, for 2007/08, the club saw its revenue hit £290m during that season.

Whilst Real Madrid's 4% revenue growth in 2007/08 was more modest than in preceding years, it meant that across a six year period the club had doubled its annual revenues since 2002.

Real Madrid has a history of buying the world's best players
Perhaps crucially, it also gave the club a revenue lead of 41m euros (£32.5m) over Manchester United, in second place.

"The engine driving Real's remarkable revenue growth, and its ascent to the top of the money league, has been the club's ability to increase commercial revenue," said Dan Jones, author of the Deloitte report, when it was issued in February.

Matchday revenue has also increased significantly in the past couple of years thanks to the reconfiguring of areas of the club's stadium to increase corporate hospitality capacity and hence revenues.

Average attendances at their home ground - the 80,354-capacity Santiago Bernabéu football stadium - are the third-highest in Europe.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
MoneyTree.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
According to those most recent figures, for 2007/08, the club saw its revenue hit £290m during that season.

or in other words, they can afford a shed load of borrowing because the banks know they are good for it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't they sell their training ground a few years back to pay off the debts for Zidane etc as it was prime estate in Central Madrid so they have a training ground out of town now.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Do not care if they can or can not afford it. It is going to screw the game over in the long run.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I understood that the TV rights basically underwrote all their debts.
That and the fact that they weren't allowed to go bust as they're supoosed to be the King's club. Perhaps we could try a similar thing and lure Wills away from the Villa !!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In Spain the clubs do their own deals with the TV companies - unlike in England (for now) where they have a pool for the TV rights income. Real get about £150m/pa from their own TV rights which is the basis for their ability to pay. They are also running up big debts and they are underwritten by the Spanish elite who require them to compete ostentatiously with the Basque club.

It's not a level playing field - esp when you consider that Man United's debt (and I'm not springing to their defence) is mainly to do with the debt imposed on them by Glazier et al by the way they financed the purchase of the club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Dodgy deals with the government and banks and helped by selling your training ground for silly money and also their huge tele deal and the asian market

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
...and their shirt advertising, something the Catalan's would never do, as in not wanting to sully their colours

(Now that they have, it's free and for charity...)

BBAARRCCEELLOONNAA!!

They are also running up big debts and they are underwritten by the Spanish elite who require them to compete ostentatiously with the Basque club.

What Basque club are you talking about?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I will be buying a Kaka 5 shirt for the new season. :thumbsup:

I really like Real Madrid, I think you either like them or Barcelona and usually you won't have any real reason for it. I like Real, for no real reason.

Kaka, Ronaldo, Robben, Raul in the same team?! Wow, that's going to be some team. Van Nistelrooy to bang in the goals aswell. Iker Casillas (Easily the best goalkeeper in the world) behind them aswell, next season they've no excuse for not winning everything!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They are also running up big debts and they are underwritten by the Spanish elite who require them to compete ostentatiously with the Basque club.

I think you probably mean Catalan there, unless you're suggesting that the Spanish elite require R**l to compete with Athletic Bilbao.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I will be buying a Kaka 5 shirt for the new season. :thumbsup:

I really like Real Madrid, I think you either like them or Barcelona and usually you won't have any real reason for it. I like Real, for no real reason.

Kaka, Ronaldo, Robben, Raul in the same team?! Wow, that's going to be some team. Van Nistelrooy to bang in the goals aswell. Iker Casillas (Easily the best goalkeeper in the world) behind them aswell, next season they've no excuse for not winning everything!

Just like the first Galacticos era they won't spend anything on their defence and they'll lose. Should be fun.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think you probably mean Catalan there, unless you're suggesting that the Spanish elite require R**l to compete with Athletic Bilbao.

The rest of my post was pretty sound I though. I always thought that part of the hatred of Madrid for Barcelona was it's proximity to the Pyrenese and the way it regards itself as essentially independent from Spain - which is all part of the separatist issue. Even the Barcelona flag (with the orange and red) is similar to the Basques and also those of Southern France - again, the Oc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here