06.33 from newhaven, gets to haywards heath at 07.05
(should be on my second beer by then)

then its the 7 forty something up to wherever
innit john boy

Im on that aswell I think.:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what is all this..." I'm suddenly supporting Sussex" come from?

I wager half the "fans" on Saturday have never seen sussex play in their lives......a bit like the 30,000 odd whop went to cardiff

bah humbug

Biggest game this weekend....St Helens vs Huddersfiled in the Challenge Cup Final ( although I am fearing the worst)

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Dies Irae said:
what is all this..." I'm suddenly supporting Sussex" come from?

I wager half the "fans" on Saturday have never seen sussex play in their lives......a bit like the 30,000 odd whop went to cardiff

bah humbug

Biggest game this weekend....St Helens vs Huddersfiled in the Challenge Cup Final ( although I am fearing the worst)

actually i have the time and patience, as well as nothing else better to do than to sit for 4 days in a deckchair at hove/arundel every other week with a bunch of old men commenting upon the speed of lewry's run up....

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How To Get To Lord's
Lord's is located in St John's Wood - part of the London borough of Westminster. Other local landmarks include Regent's Park, Madame Tussaud's and the London Central Mosque.

Out of respect for its neighbours, and the environment, MCC encourages visitors to take public transport to and from Lord's whenever they can. The Ground has good public transport links. For example, several Underground stations are within walking distance; they include St John's Wood (Jubilee Line), Warwick Avenue (Bakerloo Line) and Baker Street (Bakerloo, Circle, Jubilee, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines).

Lord's is reasonably close to two mainline rail stations, Marylebone and Paddington, too. Other London rail terminals, including Euston, King's Cross and Victoria, can also be reached comparatively easily, particularly by Tube.

Lord's is well-served by buses as well. Several bus routes run alongside the Ground, while others are within easy reach.

Route 13 (Trafalgar Square to Golders Green)
Local stops: Wellington Road and Park Road

Route 82 (Victoria to North Finchley)

Route 113 (Oxford Circus to Edgware)

Route 139 (Waterloo to West Hampstead)
Local stop: Grove End Road

Route 187 (Central Middlesex Hospital to Finchley Road)
Local stop: Circus Road

Route 189 (Oxford Circus to Brent Cross)
Local stop: Grove End Road

Route 274 (Lancaster Gate to Islington)
Local stop: Park Road

In addition, a Green Line coach service - route 757 - links Luton and Brent Cross to Lord's. (For full details, please visit the Green Line website.)

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I think he means Yorkshire havent qualified. Following on from your point though, would it really be so bad if some of the people who go on saturday, that havent been to see sussex before, get a taste for the game and decide to go more? I think that would be good for the game and for sussex ccc dont you?

Enjoy the rugby, if its the biggest most imporatnt sporting event this weekend youre sure to be there arent you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tubby Mondays said:
I think he means Yorkshire havent qualified. Following on from your point though, would it really be so bad if some of the people who go on saturday, that havent been to see sussex before, get a taste for the game and decide to go more? I think that would be good for the game and for sussex ccc dont you?

Enjoy the rugby, if its the biggest most imporatnt sporting event this weekend youre sure to be there arent you?

nah, I only follow League from afar.

Anyway, i am playing cricket saturday for Lewes St Mix at Newick, even though I was absolutely gash on Saturday:down: :down: :down:

have a good time though:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think your point is an interesting one, and I do agree I hope it gets more people interested in Sussex...although i am not really sure it will. Certainly when I went to watch Sussex back in 1975/6(ish) against Somerset in the Gillette Cup Final, mostly the people who went were Cricket fans, not the situation we have now with the advent of 20/20 etc where people have taken to cricket because it is suddenly fast and furious and you can drink lots and tend to be football fans ( singing and chanting just did not happen)

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:
explain please?

The :jester: was missed out by mistake...

You mentioned about the glory hunting Sussex fans, but we are only taking about 4000 fans or so.

Just rising to your little bait set, that is all.

No harm meant, Dave. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here